Any Advice

Riamwa

Good afternoon

We did a free assessment by IP Visas, but won't use the agent company, just because we don't have R30 000 - R 40 000 to pay to a agent Company. We will apply for a Visa 189 Skilled Independent. But we have to get samething in order first, before we start the process.

Any advice...!

thank you in advance

Ria

Glad you seemed to have made the right choice and did not appoint them to make your application.

There are loads of us on the forum who have done it ourselves. Just read each step carefully, dot every i and cross every t, and you will manage well.

For us the biggest, longest step was gathering all the documents required for the application and skills assessment. If you have not already got these docs go to home Affairs and get everyones unabridged birth certificates and unabridged marriage certificates.

Apply to write the correct IELTS exam and start practicing. Look at your skills assessment requirements to decide on whether to do the general or academic exam. Irrespective of your English ability i really do recommend you prepare for this exam, if not to improve your English but to orient yourself with the nature of this exam.

Start gathering all the documents needs to have your skills assessed.... For me this felt this felt like the biggest hurdle in the whole process.

Once you have all these documents get your police clearance.... Dont rush this step as it impacts your arrival window period.

Make 2 copies of every document and start getting them certified as you gather them.... I took a bar of chocolate to the closest police station and they were more than happy to help.

Good luck and remember we are all here to help.

Good morning Crossingover

thank you for all the good advice. Will definitely take time to read everything and start to gather the important document.

thank you

Ria

Hope you didn't give them your bank details. Aren't the ones who sommer help themselves to your money? Keep an eye on your bank balance.....

Hey Rozellem

no we did not give any bank details. We haven't sign anything jet. can they steal a person identify...! they don 't have my husband ID nr.