Arrived Today

Johan Swanepoel

We landed in Sydney today.

Firstly thanks to all on the forum for the support and information. Without you this would never have happened so fast :thumbdown:

Saying goodbye to the family was tough and we were brave until now. It is finally sinking in that we are in a strange new country. Aus looks amazing. But one cannot help but wonder about what we have done.

12 hours in pigeon class is tough. I am really glad we could fly direct. Time to win the lotto then the next flight will be in first class :thumbdown:

We have had a friend pick us up at the airport ( RoelfK), both him and his family have been fantastic in supporting and helping us.

Both Nadia an I are extremely tired right now and so I will give you more information later on.

Regards and many thanks

Johan Swanepoel

Welcome to Sydney Johan and Nadia!!!!! May your arrival here be the start of many good things to come!!!

Ek is bly julle is veilig! Geniet die "change", en maak reg om ons ook te kom oplaai. Dit was dalk erger vir die wat op die lughawe agtergebly het ...

Kyk mooi na my sussie!

Riaan

Hey and welcome. Sorry about the rain, good excuse to stay in bed and recover.

It will take a few days to get your head right.

Get yourself a UBD and a train timetable book and you are all set. I will try arrange some sun for the rest of the week so you can find your way around.

Please pm me if we can help in anyway.

Good Luck

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Hope the sun comes to shine quickly.

Nadia last night realised just how far SA is and is really home-sick at the moment.

Thanks again. The place is really beautifull.

Hallo Johan en Nadia!

Hoop julle raak sommer gou ingeburger in jul nuwe land! Baie sterkte en vat maar een dag op 'n slag....

Hopelik land ons oor 'n maand ook in Sydney, dan kan julle ons weer 'n paar pointers gee om in te settle! Hou die blink kant bo.

Groete van huis tot huis

Tania

Hey Johan en Nadia, dit was ander dag toe hulle gepraat het van oorgaan. Tyd vlieg. Baie geluk en sterkte met alles. Hou op ons hoogte,

ai ek wens ek was julle!

Lees heeltyd julle posts en nou is julle al daar!!!! Dit voel asof julle net die ander dag nog gepraat het van oorgaan. Dit het baie vasbyt gekos, maar julle is uiteindelik daar!

Ons is oppad hoor!

Baie geluk!

Karen Swanepoel

Alle sterkte!!! Ek is seker sodra die jet-lag oor is en julle die wêreld gaan begin verken, julle beter sal voel.

Johan,

get in touch with Riekie and Martin.

When we got close to Sydney on our recent trip to Newcastle they put on a great barbie for me, Ginnie and Heidi, my daughter, and are real helpers for newcomers to Sydney from South Africa.

There are others, such as Amanda ("Ajay")and hubby and Estelle ("SASydneysider") and hubby who can give advice and point you guys in the right direction on all sorts of things about life in Sydney also, so just seek these troops out and ask if you need help.

. . . oh . . . and by the way . . . welcome to this BIG country of ours. Australia

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Nog Swanepoels op pad, nice :-)

We will get in touch with the folks. As soon as we get a place of our own things should go better as well.

Regards

Johan Swanepoel

Welkom in Aus Johan!!!!

Hoop julle vind gou julle voete en skree maar as iemand moet help met ietsie.

Groete daarso

D