information about immigrantion

Riamwa

Hey everyone me and my husband are considering immigration to Australia, to provide a beter future of are little boy. I known it's a stressful and emotional decision and one we won't take lightly. So at this stage I am only do research I have read about what must be declared and what may u not take in Australia.I have a list of '100 step process to immigranting to Australia'. I have read about the different visas but is still reading up on it, but quick question is it beter to use a immigrant agent or to do it yourself? What is the cost of a container and do u pay for it's constant of the container or for the container..? Is it beter to assure work in Australia before u immigrate?

For now it's all..!

Thank you

Ria

We did it without an agent, but our application was really straight forward, no weird issues. Our 20 ft container ( Cape Town to Melbourne) costs R67 000. We have given up on getting jobs in Australia from South Africa. We're heading over on 28 December without jobs, living on a prayer to get something soon. To apply for jobs there you must be eligible to work, that means you need a Visa. I have no idea how you can get a sponsored visa, maybe another forumite can help there. Good luck for your journey! Maybe start with getting your skills assessed and writing IELTS....... And apply for your PCC (Polisie klaring sertifikate), unabridged certificates and passports in the meantime. It can take a while to get those, at least you'll have it when they're needed.

edited to add: You pay for the container, not the contents (inhoud).

Edited by miran

Ria,

As mentioned above it is doable without an agent, we did it through an agent though and could not have been happier, it takes a lot out of an already stressful and emotional process, the do all the legwork and tell you what they need.

Do you guys have any qualifications? Personal opinion, hold out on doing PCC's as they are only valid for a year and the process can take well over year for numerous reasons(it can obviously take less time too), then you would have to go through applying again for the PCC's.

For now, make sure all Passports are valid for at least another year. Get unabridged birth certificates for you, hubby and your little one. The main applicant can write the IELTS test so long (relevant to skills assessment, some require a certain score on academic level), spouse can prove English proficiency in other ways. Get skills assessments done.

Good luck with it all. Read read read read read, that is how most of us got acquainted with everything pertaining to immigration. Also ask as many questions a you like.

May I ask what you and your husband do for a living, that could assist in recommending a certain type of visa etc.

Cheers

hey Bigvan07

thanx for the information.

My husband are a fitter and tuner multi skill on Anglo Gold Ashanti Limited. I am a stay-at-home mother. I did work but it's been a couple of years sins I work...!

cheers