Brisbane living

bushlovers

Hi, which areas are you referring to with Brisbane south? The most important factor would be to consider where you work as some of the suburbs do not have great public transport options. Also, zoning for school catchment can be a bit tricky.

Wahts your budget like and how many bedrooms etc are you looking for?

Will you be dependant on public transport?

What about schooling?

Would you rather have a longer commute and more living space/cheaper rent

Or a shorter commute but less bang for your buck?

We have lived in Belmont, Carindale and now Wellington Point. (All south-east"ish")

Carindale has EXCELLENT public transport, busses run till after midnight and till early hours of the morning on the weekends. If you drive you can be in the city within 25 minutes.

Belmont has ok public transport during rush hours, not so great after that.

I thought the commute would make me grumpy bu I just love Wellington Point so much that the extra 20 minutes is 100% worth it for me.

Plus we got an extra bedroom, a swimming pool and another lounge for the same price at what we would have paid in Carindale. (renting)

I could use the train to go to work but I prefer to drive, so I now have a 45 minute commute.

• Like 1

Hi JackieO

We are looking at accommodation around Acacia Ridge..... We don't mind a reasonable commute .... My daughter is 8 , any advise on good schools will be a great help.

We wanted to settle in North Lakes, but it seem that all the work is south of Brisbane... my husband is a mechanical design engineer and is still looking for a job..

Our church is also in this area..

Maligso

The first day was overwhelming and we wondered if we made the correct decision.. Day 4 now and everything start to feel normal... My husband had a interview and we hope the outcome will be positive....

Im not that familiar with Acacia Ridge.

TBH (Personally) I'd try avoid anything that falls in the area between the Ipswitch motorway, Logan motorway, Centenerary motorway and Beaudesert Rd (With the exception of Forrest Lake).

I'd rather go further south if thats the direction you want to head and look at Boronia Heights, Munruben, Park Ridge and Springfield Lakes