Many happy arrivals coming up

Magenta

• 2 weeks later...

Flying out on Boxing day (hubby, daughter & I), arriving Sydney 27 Dec.

Kids (10 year old and 7 year old) and I also leaving on Boxing day heading to Sydney to meet my hubby who has been there since 9 Oct.

• Like 2

My husband and I and our 1 year old little boy are leaving 1 Feb from Durbs to Sydney :-) 2 months to go!

• Like 1

Hey "Boxing Day " travelers ... We too are heading for Sydney, I guess we will have lots to chat about on the jolly long flight.... My 13,11 and 8 year old daughters too. Guess we will spot each other as the families with far too much luggage ;)

All the best people... Make the most of this exciting opportunity!

• Like 2

We are also leaving on the 16th of December for our first visit to Aus and a LCD trip... I am beyond excited.

This will be the make or break decision maker more for my husband than me... I would have already moved ages ago if i could.

I've been counting down this trip since Feb.

Good luck to everybody!!

• Like 1

Just under 2 weeks to go for the big move! We haven't done a LSD trip and neither of us have been to Perth before :D So excited to explore our new home!

• Like 3

We are arriving in Sydney 18 Jan, ready to start our new lives! Cannot believe it is actually happening!!! :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

All the best to everyone!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Family flying out Cathay Pacific 31 Dec 2014. Spend some time in Sydney for fun and then onward to Adelaide on the 10th Jan.

• Like 2

Family flying out Cathay Pacific 31 Dec 2014. Spend some time in Sydney for fun and then onward to Adelaide on the 10th Jan.

I suspect you may love it - I do ....

• Like 1

Last weekend in Cape Town. Getting very excited :) Had a lekker farewell dinner and drinks with friends last night. Last family braai today.....and the weather is just gorgeous! Can't wait to start my new life in Perth :)

• Like 2

Wozer, Lots of families doing the move. That is awesome!!! We will also be leaving 6 Jan and arriving 8 Jan in Sydney, NSW. Plus its my wife's bday 7Jan. She said she could not have asked for a better present than starting a new life in Oz! Good luck to everyone else!

• Like 2

Flying from Dubai to Perth on 3 January! Packing up the house and saying our goodbyes (ongoing!) has been as stressful as everyone said it would be, but hopefully an enjoyable Christmas and New Year in store and happy landings in Perth. All the best to everyone on their way and thoughts and prayers for those still waiting for the magical visa.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by Dill
  • Like 2

22 December 2014. 17h50 local time

Sitting at OT airport right now, typing this.

Boarding in 40 minutes, on Emirates, via Dubai to Brisbane.

One piece of luggage weighed 34kgs on its own - but some fast talking and it is now on board.. Probably give someone a hernia lifting it when it arrives.

Had my deodorant confiscated (mustn't be more than 100ml, which is a size no-one manufactures, except in a roll-on). But all of the wife's dozen or more tubes of creams etc. got through without a second glance - go figure!

Both laptops went through X-Rays, but happy to report that neither has TB.

Said a cheery goodbye to the sullen customs bloke, but got no response except a dismissive wave. Pity he doesn't know that his will be my abiding memory of the country.

Cannot wait for the wheels to lift off, and the seat belt light to switch off.

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Orphan,

Man that comment about the sullen customs bloke resonated with me. When we left I had the same, the @sswipe telling me Im making a mistake and not staying to help build the country. I just looked at him and told him, it's people like you who are burning it faster than people like me can fix it. Cheerio chap, I'll watch it burn from afar. Bumhug. Welcome home maaaaaaate!!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Aaaah, all the wonderful forumites arriving in OZ, please keep us posted on your settling in stories !! I must confess that I'm not as diligent as I would like to be - a house full of family with seven children is a busy place and time to have your thoughts for yourself, few and far between. It feels absolutely great to have such a good bunch of happy arrivals at this time ! Enjoy the fun, the jetlag and the newness of everything !!

• Like 2

Leaving on 21 January for Sunshine coast... ready to start our new lives.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Arrived safely in Sydney yesterday afternoon, very excited!!

Orphan, I only saw your earlier post now. I am so glad that you were able to get everything through in time. I hope you had a lovely Christmas with the family in your new home.

Hi everyone!

Arrived safely in Sydney yesterday afternoon, very excited!!

Orphan, I only saw your earlier post now. I am so glad that you were able to get everything through in time. I hope you had a lovely Christmas with the family in your new home.

• Like 3

Great news Martin!

May Our Lord's blessings, grace and providence be with you throughout your exciting new life in Australia.

Things will get tough, but when they do, trust in Him....He wont let you down.

• Like 1

Hey Heather

My parents are in Parkwood so we will be staying with them for a bit or until we find jobs.

thats awesome - not too far from me :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone!

the agent from Biddulphs weren't kidding about the Saffers leaving for Oz. :ilikeit: We'll hopefully leave for Sydney 1st week in March ... can't wait!

Well we are 6 weeks in and so please we were brave enough to pack up and come... Sydney's beauty is still wow'ing me! Right now SA is making leaving a little easier. And even being such a creature of habit I can't say I am missing much.... When our bovril runs out I am sure we will be disappointed but that's the only thing we seem not able to get here. Marie's, tennis biscuits, mrs balls, Ina P spices all here flings and chocolate logs too... They are expensive if looking at them compared to what you would pay at home but comparing chips with chips here, and chocolates with chocolates here there is not much in it.

The efficiency of everything is a blessing and the public transport for kids to get to school is amazing. Is so first world it's delightful!

• Like 1

Crossedover - have you tried looking in the gravy section in Coles (not sure of Woolies) for your Bovril? That's where we found ours :)

• Like 2