Missing Melbourne

Mel-B

Its been about 2 months since we visited Melbourne. We miss it terribly! It was so different from other overseas trips. Going to Italy was FUN and EXCITING and I would love to visit again but never did I want to move there. (Hubby and I both have Italian citizenship). We've considered it, we have family all over there... but .... just didn't feel right. I couldn't imagine myself living there for 40 years. Melbourne was not as exciting or culturally explosive (Ok we were handicapped with a baby), but myself and my husband find ourselves missing Melbourne! I can see myself settling in and happily growing old. Life happens while you are making plans. Who knows what the future holds? At this stage I just want our house sold and get there. I hope you enjoy the lovely city :) Many people might criticize the move, and many of us has to sacrifice things/people... at the end of the day if it feels right, then its right.

Sorry for my mini random post. We have only shared our plans with 3 people and I don't have anyone to talk to about it. My friends have already immigrated to NZ and Canada and time differences have hampered communication. My husband doesn't want to talk about it, his attitude is JUST DO IT!! NO TALK< JUST ACTION! :) *Roman genes*

We have to sell the house and get a job. Hopefully see you next year.

Missing Melbourne, feeling guilty for not telling people, scared of the unforseen future. Feeling confused.

I'm sure some of you can relate.

• Like 1

Yep, we spent a long time on a temp visa wondering if we would have to pack up, i understand you entirely.

Melbourne is awesome, and it grows on you even more over time

We're arriving there on the 29th of December. If you're not there yet, we'll organise your "welcome back" partie whenever you arrive.

I wish to be at the party as well, perhaps we will all just go to the airport and hold up a huge banner, welcoming you all back!

• Like 1

Haha Mara, that would be an EPIC homecoming! :) Its been so long since we felt the urge to go there. Its time to close that chapter and start our new life!

Edited by Mel-B

Mel-B, the first time I returned to RSA after migrating, about three years, ... when I arrived at Jhb, came through the doors, there was every single member of my family, with a huge banner, WELCOME HOME TANNIE MARA... I kid you not, although I appreciated their enthusiasm, I did wish that the ground would open up and swallow me!

• Like 2