Looking for Temp accommodation in Melbourne

AdeleVDM

Hi.

My husband and I will be arriving in Melbourne on 29 December 2014. We are looking for a place where we can 'put our bags' while we start the hunt for our first rental property in Melbourne as we would rather do it from there than all the way here in SA. We hope to find our new home before he starts his new job early in Jan 2015 so we will be doing the legwork as soon as we land.

We have been looking at Gumtree, airbnb, realestate, domain etc. but after all I have seen on the forums about the photoshop skills of the agents in Aus, I find it very difficult to trust any photos posted of these places.

We are looking for a short term solution (hopefully not longer than a week or two) and I was wondering if someone might have a place available that we could use as a LSD house (even though this is the big move) during this time for the two of us.

Thanks!

What flight are you on? We also arrive on the 29th with Etihad. We are staying at Sundowner Rockbank Caravan park in a cabin. Maybe check for availability there. Really cheap compared to all the other places we tried.....

Good luck, hope you get something!

Hi AdeleVDM

I would recommend this apartment in Mordialloc (south east):

http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk/melbourne-furnished-rental-accommodation-mordialloc.htm

It would be good for you and your husband, it is in a lovely location, and fairly close to the train line to get into the city.

We stayed there when we arrived, the couple who run it moved here from England a few years ago and they are very helpful.

Good Luck!

@miran

Thanks for the info. I did the calculations and it works out to $495 per week (if you get the 7th night free). Looks like a nice place and will keep it in mind.

@mcbear

Looks like a very nice place and at $480 it's not too bad, especially with all the additions like laundry etc. that is included.

AdeleVDM, it is a good deal, when you consider you'll pay close to that for a hotel without the extras.

Book in for 4 weeks, they'll pick you up from the airport (promise that REALLY helps), and then you have a soft landing and they will really be helpful in orientating you.

• Like 1