Get the ball rolling

LongHaul

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have decided to start the tedious process of applying for a visa, still early days as we are waiting for some of the agencies we contacted to get back to us, I assume they must receive hundreds of these types of requests a day.

Best of luck to everyone going for it.

• Like 1

One of the agencies I contacted didnt get back to me.

I rang the guy in the end. Was a small independent guy(not here on forum), and he spent 15 min asking me whether I really wanted to go and how tired he was of time wasters etc. I felt like he took out his entire life's frustrations on me!

I just said that I was looking into it, because I dont understand the process... And that was enough to set him off again!

Needless to say I didnt go with him.

And here I am.

In Australia.

So I was serious after all! :grads:

My point is, dont get put off by anyone, if you want to do it, it will happen, And , yes, they do get a lot of enquiries, (and apparently time wasters!).

• Like 3

Hi,

We are at the same position, LongHaul... My husband and I've also made the decision to make the move to Australia.

We have also contacted a few agents and all of them were very friendly and helpful. For all the agency fees are between R20,000-R30,000 and we are at the stage where we have to decide on using a agent or doing it ourselves, I really want to get this ball rolling now, because the time is ticking and the R/$ aren't improving!

Our case is quite straight forward and therefor I'm thinking of doing it myself, because R30,000 is a lot of money that we are able to save if we do it ourselves. On the other hand we are also afraid that if we don't use an agent we might make a mistake... (we are human after all)! We have had a look at the "100 Step" topic and it looks doable! We just can't help to wonder why the agent's fees are so "high" - like are we missing something?

It's a big step and a live-changing decision, so we would really like to do it "right" the first time!!

Any advise from our follow forum members that made the move and went through the process?

Thanks... :)

• Like 1

We did it ourselves as it was also fairly straightforward...just read through the info on the Immi website meticulously.

Thanks for your responses, Eyebrow looks like you picked a bad day to make that call, funny enough the agency that responded the quickest was the one I was warned not to use.

LSRoxy we have also been thinking the same as you guys, do we make use of an agency or do we go it alone and run the risk of delaying the process should we make any mistakes, but like qwerty says, I guess you just have to be very meticulous. What is the actual cost in savings if you don't make use of an agency.

• Like 1

Cost savings will depend on the visa type I think, to get our PR the agents charges were just over $4k so R48k give our take.....

That was a 186 Sponsored

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have decided to start the tedious process of applying for a visa, still early days as we are waiting for some of the agencies we contacted to get back to us, I assume they must receive hundreds of these types of requests a day.

Best of luck to everyone going for it.

Welcome LongHaul

You're in good hands here. There are a couple (more than a couple actually) of very well informed people on here, ready to stand by with all the insights you might need for your journey.. Hold on tight bru.

Hi LongHaul, a warm welcome to the forum !! Now that you're here, you can easily do your application all on your own. The forum is abuzz with helpful people and stacked with many questions and answers, so you'll be guided step by step and you'll have a stadium full of cheering fellow forumites to cheer you to the other side of the world ! On the forum are also our very own 'in house' agents, like SD_MOA, and Ajax. I guess there are more, I know these two and can recommend both. Very professional and friendly help. For free. Just ask ! The 'search' function on the top right corner on the screen is your key to many answers ...

Enjoy the ride, this is super daunting AND super exiting simultaneously :)

Edited by Alida
  • Like 3

Hi Long Haul, I see you made it, good luck with your visa application, I trust it all goes well for you.

Thanks for all the advice and tips, from what I have read thus far I see the whole process starts by lodging a EOI, but before I can do that I see there is a lot of paper work I need to get in place.

I have noticed that my occupation is listed on the SOL list, so that gives me some form of comfort. So from what I understand I think I can apply for a 189 Visa

• Like 1