Bests vs. Worsts, Pros vs. Cons, Ups vs. Downs

NickiD

Thank you for sharing Surferman :) It is nice to hear your opinion and what factors you consider.

I'm thankful to the people on this forum who take the time to share their opinions because I learn so much.

Your comment just made me realize that I don't know if I could handle Brisbane, if I were to get the chance to move there.

Humidity and I are not friends;-) Another factor is that being from Cape Town, I would find it strange if it rained in summer :lol:

I guess I don't know where God will send me but I'm glad to learn about all the different state's.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing Surferman :) It is nice to hear your opinion and what factors you consider.

I'm thankful to the people on this forum who take the time to share their opinions because I learn so much.

Your comment just made me realize that I don't know if I could handle Brisbane, if I were to get the chance to move there.

Humidity and I are not friends;-) Another factor is that being from Cape Town, I would find it strange if it rained in summer :lol:

I guess I don't know where God will send me but I'm glad to learn about all the different state's.

I grew up mostly in Joburg, and like you I don't mix well with humidity. I look forward to the dry hot weather of Perth but will miss summer thunderstorms.

• Like 2

So true chantelgr,

if you put your faith in the Lord you will never be wrong. if God is for you, who can stand against you? Yes, you will get adversity, look at Job, the most perfect guy on earth, but got pummelled. Yes in the end his lot was increased, but he still got hammered for no apparent reason.

That is why God gave us aircons dear. i never minded a good sweat, its good for the pores! :jester: If you are dying in the wool CT, then the Med climate in perth will suit you to a tee.

• Like 2

I thought I'd add my experiences on pros vs cons. But please know my husband and I have visas (pr) but are not yet in Australia. I am just commenting on our journey so far.

1. What have you found to be the most difficult thing about your move?

- telling friends and colleagues of our immigration. They didn't understand why we would want to leave such a a beautiful country and felt we were deserting them. They didn't receive the news well. Hubby and I both work in the healthcare industry and our skills are desperately needed in SA - we were made to feel guilty deserting SA. Family, on the other hand, encouraged and motivated us through the process.

- Hubby getting documents from TUT needed for VETASSES. TUT did not have any originals or backups of his course curriculum (how is this possible?) and said they couldn't help us. It took many emails, phone calls, pleading, and 4 months to get it done.

2. What have you found to be the easiest thing about your move?

- Support from family. I come from a family who are always busy and working but since getting our visas it has been easier visiting them for quality family time. We are also getting more hugs and kisses :rolleyes:

3. Is there anything you wish you'd done differently prior to or during your move?

- getting some documents done earlier - my fault, I went through a lazy stage, as well as a stage of denial. I love where I live and love my work and changed my mind about immigrating half-way through the process. :wacko:

- having more faith and trust that everything will work out as it should. To let go and stop trying to control things that were out of my hands.

4. What would be your top 5 tips for a family of 4 who are planning their move, to make it go as smooth as possible?

- To accept that there is no "smooth" in this journey ;)

5. Where would you say is the best place to live (this is personal opinion, obviously) and why?

- We are off to Perth but through networking and researching Sydney would be the best place to further develop my skills in my career. But I am still happy with Perth :)

• Like 2