Chosing a Super Fund

Elliottdean

Hey all

Has anyone perhaps done some benchmarking of the Super funds available in Australia and which ones came out tops and why.

Help here will be greatly appreciated as I need to choose one a.s.a.p.

cheers

Dean

Hey all

Has anyone perhaps done some benchmarking of the Super funds available in Australia and which ones came out tops and why.

Help here will be greatly appreciated as I need to choose one a.s.a.p.

cheers

Dean

I have not been benchmarking them but I recommend asking your HR people which fund most of the employees are with & consider that one. There are industry-specific supers which are supposed to be lowest on fees.

I only have a few thousand in mine (Statewide Super) from Adelaide, so I chose the high risk investment strategy & it did very well last year.

If I had more in there I would take a more balanced approach, but It's so small I decided to go for broke ;)

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

My suggestion would be Australian Super, which is an industry fund, or any other industry fund. Their fees are a lot lower than those funds offered by banks or insurance companies. If you google them you will get an idea of what they are about.

I am with rest (Also an industry super fund) and would assume that they all offer the same sort of thing, but you can customize your investments yourself from their website, so if you are up for some micromanagement you change things as you want to switch between the various asset types.

If you have the money to justify it you can also setup a self managed super and do everything yourself.

My super isnt worth enough to justify that level of detail yet