Concerned mother...

4viljoens

4v's

Try not to stress on this one as there are lots more pressing matters to worry about in the immigration process.

Children as young as your child adapt far more quickly than you can imagine. They are like sponges. Your son will be attending pre school in Australia- the kids will interact with him in English- he will pick up these communications from other children. Children that age are survivors and they learn far more quickly than you can imagine. Your son will be fine- he will adapt to his new enviroment and he will learn the language real quick.

So stop stressing- your child will be fine and I hardly think children that age have developed egos yet- so bullying at that age is unlikely. Its normally when they develop egos that they feel they more superior than the other. I think your Son wont be bullied besides I heard Australian schools take bullying very seriously indeed- one can get kicked out of school for any bullying in school especially if it happens when they older.

All the best to you and your family- you will be fine. Enjoy the adventure... the australian adventure.

Kind regards

Edited by Sol1
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reassurance guys! I am sure we will be fine and my children will flourish in Aus. Can't wait to start our new adventure!! :ilikeit:

• Like 2

I had my kids enrolled with readingeggs which is absolutely awesome. Money wrll spent. I did not speak english to them so ad to not confuse them. Always speak in one language to your child. And they watch a lot of kids movies. They started here in years 3 and 4 and is fully bilingual

Dont worry too much.. It will work out and kids learn so fast!

• Like 1

I'm actually not worried about my daughter learning to speak English...I'm worried about her losing Afrikaans. She already uses a lot of English words when she speaks Afrikaans. We only speak Afrikaans to her.

• Like 1