Small Schools North Shore?

SElliott

Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any advice on small schools on the North Shore? I'm looking at class sizes for my son of not more than 20 kids in a class (grade 2) and I don't want to go private.

I've heard St Ives Park Primary is nice and small as well as North Turrumurra Public School. Any other advice / comments?

Also - does anyone know anything about Beecroft Public and Beecroft as an area in general?

We arrive 5 October :-)

Class sizes are generally between 24 and 28. On the plus side parent helpers and teacher aides are common at that level. Children are sometimes taken into smaller classes if they are struggling or excelling in specific subjects.

St Ives Park is a GREAT school. If its small sizes you are after, thats the one for you. I think they have only one class per year. I have a RSA acquaintance who teaches there, if you would like to talk to somebody who works there (and loves it). There are many good state schools in the area. The other one I have experience with is Wahroonga Public School (affectionately called The Bush School). Its amazing, but much bigger than St Ives Park.

• Like 1

Our lady of perpetual succour In west Pymble is tiny and a lovely community there. We ar sacred heart, small school of 350 in total but year 2 has 24 kids in each class ( in Pymble) not sure how big Pymble public classes are but have heard good things about it.

Hey Rozelle

I have heard that St Ives North is one of the best schools in Sydney and we are trying to move back into that area.

Do you know what the schools are like in Lindfield and Killara ?

All these areas are an option for us.....

Killara Public is a good school and has around 300 pupils. My daughter will be going there next year. Beaumont Road Public in Killara is a very good school, but the catchment area is small. Lindflield has around 900 pupils; it was just too big for us.

Hey Rozelle

I have heard that St Ives North is one of the best schools in Sydney and we are trying to move back into that area.

Do you know what the schools are like in Lindfield and Killara ?

All these areas are an option for us.....

I know more about the high schools in the area and cant comment of St Ives North. I know for a fact people (including fussy South Africans) are very pleased with Killara High School. Then, there is a big buzz about a new school opening in Lindfield in a few years. http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/uts-campus-becomes-innovative-public-school-20140727-zx670.html One of my clients today (child goes to Barker) reckons it will generate competition among other schools in the district to raise their game further.