EOI lodged in August 2014

SE1508

Hi there

I am wanting to know if anyone lodged an EOI in August 2014. I lodged mine on 21 August and have not had any feedback yet. I know the invitation date was changed from 25 Aug to 29 Aug so am wondering if any of you have had an invite from this round or are you also still waiting to hear.

I am lodging for 189 with 60 points. I know that the higher points get invited first and so I am probably at the bottom of the pile but just wanting to see what others experience is.

When can I expect to hear back from them as to whether I have an invite or not?

Thanks

We submitted EOI in January. Applied for a 189 with 60 points.

Only received an invitation to apply end of May.

So don't get too excited, too soon.

• Like 1

If you can sum up this process in one phrase, it would be "hurry up and wait". Wait for how long? How long is a piece of string. It's incredibly frustrating and will test your patience to the limits, but it is worth it in the end. I would suggest you wait for the next announcement. If no word, the next one after that.

Good luck. It will all be ok in the end.

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will just have to wait then :)

We are trusting God fully with this process and know that His hand will be with us the entire time. Sometimes you try and take control and impatience does set in, especially when you don't know what to expect along the way.

Really appreciate all the feedback and help on this forum.

I’ve just got around to getting my ars@ into gear- and I know the process takes a few months – nipping myself right now cause I should have done this months ago—I turn the dreaded 45yrs old in April next year and hope/pray that we can get in. Getting out of SA is the biggest decision as a family we’ve made- (I have 4 kids, two older boys & two baby girls…) so I’m hoping that I can find a job that pays enough for us to survive… (Luckily my eldest son is 19yr so will help if/when we go over) I’ve not even done my IELTS or ACS yet –which takes like 3 to 4 months… can anyone give me an indication around what ‘proof of funds’ you had to give, as we’re looking at going for Melbourne – but my agent just came back to me and said I need $A30k + $5k for each family member - !! If this is the case I’m a bit screwed…. I’ve about half that..! I have a moral obligation to get my family to a safe place – and for us Aussie is just the best – have a sister we visited in 2012 Jan – it was an eye opener! Apologies for telling everyone my whole story – but I was really taken aback by how hospitable all the Aussie was- I can’t imagine wanting to genuinely go anywhere else in the world…

Kind regards. P. <a bit negative L >

Hi there

I am wanting to know if anyone lodged an EOI in August 2014. I lodged mine on 21 August and have not had any feedback yet. I know the invitation date was changed from 25 Aug to 29 Aug so am wondering if any of you have had an invite from this round or are you also still waiting to hear.

I am lodging for 189 with 60 points. I know that the higher points get invited first and so I am probably at the bottom of the pile but just wanting to see what others experience is.

When can I expect to hear back from them as to whether I have an invite or not?

Thanks

According to the Skillselect report for the 11th August round ( http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/11-august-2014.aspx ) the cut off for Accountants was for 60 points with a submission date of 18/07/2014, 4:12pm.

The next round's results (29th Aug) should be up in the next few days.

Minks – wow that’s great news, and like lightening quick..! Please share what/how you did it – did you go via an agent? Or did you do it all yourself?? (& Did you have all the documents ready i.e. PCC/Skills assesment/ILETS all done?)

Thx. Phil.

We Submitted 189 on the 11th of August, got an invite the same day. it was with 75 points though. Submitted with Accounting

Skiddy that’s super cool, congrats – I just make the 60 points, but only if I get a Band 8 in ILETS, and that the ACS recognizes my Postgraduate Dip. – it all seems to be just so overwhelming. Skiddy – which state you going for? (and a silly question: but how much proof of funds did you need? +I’m looking a VIC Melbourne ‘cause there sponsoring my occupation at the moment, but I’ve no idea where the heck I’m going to come up with like ZAR550k for me and family.. nuts) thx for your reply – it’s encouraging…

Hi PhilSharp,

We lodged for 189, so can go to any state, but we most probably will end up in NSW.

We didnt struggle with IELTS, we did academic 1st time and got 9's, and no studying involved, just practice tests.

We hadn't had to prove any funds, unless they want our bank statement if case officer asks. I think they should be happy with payslips and tax returns.

We also used a migration agent, and they check through the stuff, and made us feel more confident once they went over our information, so if the migration agent (if they good) are happy, then case officers and guys recognising eduction should also be happy.

Thanks Skiddy – I looked at when you landed, so- not that long ago- you’re one of the lucky ones…! My agent has said we should do a 190 – mainly due to the fact that I’m an ICT bus.analyst – and that VIC is one of the only one’s sponsoring that right now. I’m probably going to do the General ILETS and aim for an 8 band. (Which will give me the 20 needed points! – can you recall where the study material you used came from?) thx again, feeling anxious- but more inspired by your story. I’ll PM you for some other details if you don’t mind.

Thx.

• 3 weeks later...

Received an invite to apply for our 189 VISA on 22 September. Applied with 60 points as an accountant. Now to get all the documents ready for the VISA application.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

• 1 month later...

We woke up to a wonderful e-mail. We received our CO! We need to upload one document which we did this morning so am hoping we hear the good news soon!

• Like 2