Offshore Partner Visa

DestinationOz

Hi All

I am new on the forum and just happened to stumble across this website.

I am permanent resident of Australia (however I reside in South Africa) and we have submitted an application for a Offshore partner visa for my husband on the 19 July through an immigration agent who is based on the Gold Coast. However after a followup with him, he has said that he has not heard anything yet. From what I have read on this forum shouldn't a case officer already be assigned to this case?

I have already made an appointment for him to have his medicals done on the 3 September through Shipmed - Do you guys think this is a bit too early since a CO has not be assigned.

How long do guys think it will take for the visa to be granted? I know that each case is different and depends on the CO however I have to make my final entry into Australia before the 10 March 2015 and we will prefer to leave together.

Looking forward to your responses.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi DestinationOz

I applied on the 14th of July for the PMV visa and mine is still in the process. I emailed them 2 weeks ago and I received a response a week later saying that they would let me know last week if my visa could be finalised. I havent heard anything yet but dont want to harass them.

I did my medicals upfront so i dont think it was a problem to do your medicals before hearing from the case officer.

Hopefully you hear something soon!

Hi Kathleen01

Thank you for the response.

Just waiting for the Police clearance to be done. Its been almost 5 weeks even though we couriered it thinking it will speed up the process.

Good luck with the rest of your journey. Hope you hear about your visa soon.