Life Insurance & Income Protection Insurance

Dedrei

Hi Guys

Had a scary situation last night and would not ever want to go through it again (won't go into the details), but it got me thinking :) Which is probably good. :D

It is only the two of us, hubby and I, and I am worried if something was to happen to one of us what do we do and how do we cope financially.

Ok so both of us have Superannuation and if I remember correctly there is some life insurance connected to this, is this correct? Is it recommended to have additional life insurance or not really? What have you guys done?

Any recommendations for Income Protection Insurance as well?

Cheers

D

Hi Deidre

We have both got life insurance and Lawrence has income protection, we just didn't want there to be any chance of something going wrong.

The guy also suggested we have our wills done here because who knows how difficult it will be to sort things out if its in SA also the legal mumbo jumbo is slightly different. :D

Cheers

Gaille

Hi D

Great question, something I need to sort out also.

In Sydney the key name amoung SAs for all these financial insurance will matters is Gordon Hatch director of Taurus Professional Services. Gordon is ex SA employers 12 ex SAs is based in Chatswood and comes recommended by many people. He is also a immigration consultant. Gordons number is 02 9411 4161, the web is www.taurusfinancial.com.au

NB. I am not advertising this is not my company, I have not used them yet but plan to, but as I say every SA on the North Shore uses them and recommends them.

It is a good idea that you contact your Super Funds and get info from them regarding Income protection as well as insurance.

Be careful of the "normal" insurance offered by some Super Funds. Rather go for the extra Fixed Cover unit option that some of them offer.

The normal insurance devalues with time, while the Fixed cover always stays the same. If you insure yourself for $300 000 when you are 30 years old, it remains lik ethat until you turn 60 or 65.

You can also get you Will drawn up by the Public Notary here in Oz without any costs.

Cheers,

Dax