We have a CO ! I'm rattling ...

Hi Miran, am I reading that right you have a visa?

Whoohooo Miran, dis WONDERLIK !!! Ons het gister al die laaste docs gelaai, vir die agent aangestuur. Nou wag ons !!!!! Ek het myself mooi probeer kalmeer met 'dit kan tot 'n maand of langer nog neem', wil nie die kaartjies boek voor die visa daar is nie ... maar ons spaar al vir die kaartjies ... :)

@Jerrychen: We added baby to our visa application shortly after he was born, and organized his medicals the moment DIAC gave us a HAP number. Our agent organized this, so I don't know how you go about when you do your own application, but I guess it's not a train smash. Our little one is added on the evisa form online, but they have not yet took the payment. They gave us the HAP number before they added him to our application, that is, shortly after we sent the form to request the addition. Hope I make sense ? If you sent all baby's forms and stuff to the CO, he'll most probably give you the HAP ID the moment he/she comes back to your file again. We tend to forget that they work on a number of applications at any given time, switching between them and make us wait ! That's unfortunately the case, but rest assured, you won't be forgotten. We waited about 4 months for baby to be added, BUT that was without a CO ! He was added the day we got the CO. To be honest, I don't know how we got the HAP ID without having a CO at that time - maybe someone else can clear this up ? That is the thing of working through an agent. You just jump through the hoops and don't know how everything really works in the background.

@ Eyebrow. We 'only' waited four years ! There were people like Rennie and Qwerty, who waited longer. If I remember right, at one time there even was somebody who waited 7 years ! We're just so happy to be at this point now, the past four years have no regrets attached to it :ilikeit: .

Congrats! You must be over the moon.

We waited 4 years, 7 months and 7 days exactly...and now we're in Sydney! I arrived on 17 May and rest of family on 28 June. We're both working and our daughter has settled into day care...and we got our first set of wheels on Monday :)

Alida - you and your family will love Australia... I really enjoy the fact that I can take my daughter to the park after work and then walk home after dark...she loves playing hide-and-seek in the dark...hiding behind the trees, while I pretend not to know where she is :)

• Like 2

Okay so guess I did read it right then. Congratulations on the visa grant. :ilikeit:

Whoohooo Miran, dis WONDERLIK !!! Ons het gister al die laaste docs gelaai, vir die agent aangestuur. Nou wag ons !!!!! Ek het myself mooi probeer kalmeer met 'dit kan tot 'n maand of langer nog neem', wil nie die kaartjies boek voor die visa daar is nie ... maar ons spaar al vir die kaartjies ... :)

@Jerrychen: We added baby to our visa application shortly after he was born, and organized his medicals the moment DIAC gave us a HAP number. Our agent organized this, so I don't know how you go about when you do your own application, but I guess it's not a train smash. Our little one is added on the evisa form online, but they have not yet took the payment. They gave us the HAP number before they added him to our application, that is, shortly after we sent the form to request the addition. Hope I make sense ? If you sent all baby's forms and stuff to the CO, he'll most probably give you the HAP ID the moment he/she comes back to your file again. We tend to forget that they work on a number of applications at any given time, switching between them and make us wait ! That's unfortunately the case, but rest assured, you won't be forgotten. We waited about 4 months for baby to be added, BUT that was without a CO ! He was added the day we got the CO. To be honest, I don't know how we got the HAP ID without having a CO at that time - maybe someone else can clear this up ? That is the thing of working through an agent. You just jump through the hoops and don't know how everything really works in the background.

@ Eyebrow. We 'only' waited four years ! There were people like Rennie and Qwerty, who waited longer. If I remember right, at one time there even was somebody who waited 7 years ! We're just so happy to be at this point now, the past four years have no regrets attached to it :ilikeit: .

thanks Alida

I will have to be patient for a few more weeks i guess.

Qwerty, you almost made me cry now. Four children, ages 8,6,3 and 6 months, are pining for the outdoors, Even though we have quite a big suburban plot, not being able to go out to do nice stuff, frustrates my children. We ALL long for more physical freedom, my older children long to be able to have more independency like going to a park on their bikes - so CAN'T WAIT !! I'll be screaming it off the roofs when our visa is granted !!!

Edited by Alida

Oooooh, our agent just send hubby an email, telling us that she did receive his emailed forms the CO requested, she'll be sending it to him today ... and we thought he already had it !! O boy, the impatience of this homestretch ! Four years of deliberately cultured patience and now we bicker about one day, hahaha.

Alida - the freedom the kids have here is amazing. I'm still shocked when I see young kids (from about 7 years onwards) alone on the train going to school. Not sure yet if I'll let my daughter do that before the age of 15 or even 40 (if it was up to me :P)...

• Like 1

We got a case officer yesterday - yyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Congratulations, you're on the final stretch now. Not long to that "got it" post. :ilikeit:

Thank you

I am holding thumbs.... it could make life a lot easier here - especially with daycare rebates that will kick in