Beware the possums

DXB2OZ

Just saw my first possum. At least I think it was a possum. If not, the rats have escaped from the local nuclear waste dump. Looks like a giant rat, except with a more human face, intently watching this funny two legged thing staring at it and with a tail that could probably do serious damage if it whipped it around.

Did I mention that it was running along the wires (electric/phone?) OVER MY HEAD when I saw it?!

• Like 1

Yes, congrats you've seen your first possum! Wait until you hear them screaming in the middle of the night. You will wonder if the thokholoshi isn't real.

Screaming, more like killing one another over territory. It sounds like the whole jungle is out there fighting.

Last night it sounded like a six year old was galloping around on my roof. I also hope it was a possum.

DXB did you see if it was a brushtail or a ringtail?

Yes, the worst is when they jump from a tree onto your roof, specially if you have a tin roof. Sounds like a robber just slipped and belly flopped onto your roof....scares the crap out of you the first time it happens...some of you south africans would probably have put 6 rounds through the roof before calming down :ph34r::cowboy::whome:

• Like 3

Yes, the worst is when they jump from a tree onto your roof, specially if you have a tin roof. Sounds like a robber just slipped and belly flopped onto your roof....scares the crap out of you the first time it happens...some of you south africans would probably have put 6 rounds through the roof before calming down :ph34r::cowboy::whome:

Only if we hear a thud after the six rounds have been fired off

• Like 2

I take it bush tail is cute and fluffy, while ring tail is serpentine and rat like? In that case it was a ring tail. Gave me a heck of a fright as it sat and stared at me in a very human like way. Having seen the pictures of the giant rats in the UK, suppose this was infinitely better.

I have several that come to be fed, some can be hand fed................as there habitat has shrunk, they are living more and more in suburban gardens........................

Beware, they love to treat any potted plants, attempts at making a veggie / herb garden as their very own all you can eat buffet!