Attempted kidnapping in Montana, Pretoria

Mel-B

On Monday a lady was buying medicine at a pharmacy (this is very close to our home and we go there twice a week to the shops there) and as she is busy paying and getting her stuff done a black women (followed by another one) - loiter around her, and starts pushing the kids out the store in the trolley as no one is looking.

I read this on Facebook on Monday as she published this on social media immediately. But I really did not believe it as I assumed its more propaganda, <seeing as I hear the story weekly from different sources about the babies who had aids from the nanny who breastfed them - and it was discovered during the Oz medicals - obviously bollocks as kids don't do blood testing for aids. DUH>.

Any case I'm losing track. Today theres CCTV footage out and its real. Freaked me out completely.

Then after work my brother in law went to the adjacent fruit and veg and there were a few police vehicles. ODD, We never see them. So brother in law asks around - 4 people were caught trying to steal kids.... seems its the same 2 women with 2 male accomplices this time.

WHAT SICK place is this? I am so angry and frustrated. I am just thankful that we have a visa and a way out. I know this could theoretically happen anywhere in the world - but heck it feels like the odds of something terrible happening gets bigger every year.

And for those who think I'm bashing SA in any way obviously don't have kids or have never been robbed while sleeping or gotten calls from their parents at 1 in the morning screaming for help. It's not normal. :angry2: I also want to add street venders to my hate list as last week I had two of them swear and yell at me for saying "no thank you"! And I was nice about it, and I had my kids with me. I am now refusing to leave the house without my husband. :excl:

Montana? Thats a stone throw away from us. Jeepers!! Was it not the same that tried to steal kids at brooklyn aswell? The sooner we leave the quicker! And my kids run around like hooligans.

gotten calls from their parents at 1 in the morning screaming for help. It's not normal.

For some reason my blood ran ice cold when I read this line.

I did not even see this reported in the newspapers. We don't watch TV news any more, was it broadcasted on TV?

I watched the CCTV video. This is really scary. and then they walk away like nothing is wrong.

Not a word! This is what also upset me. How much nonsense is there out there that we are unaware of? All the bad news we do see seems to be only a fragment. The CCTV footage is online - the whole affair happened quickly and was quiet and calm, very much like the broadcast footage of the cyclist who was robbed at gunpoint we saw a while ago.

Yes apparently the woman told the mom that it was a "joke". WTF?

Sick Joke.

I would have taken a picture of them, and make such a big noise for everyone around us to turn around.

But unfortunately people don't want to get involved anymore. So the change of getting help will also be slim to none.

Mel-B I agree with you completely. It is NOT normal. Amazing what we have just gotten used to.

I really just want to get out before anything happens. I believe in God's protection, but I also think we need to be wise.

I have three kids, 3, 5 & 8 and it is difficult sometimes to watch them closely when I am out with them by myself.

Can't wait to get my ticket.

• Like 1

I really don't have a civilized response to that. :excl::glare: That is the police station supposedly protecting my neighborhood. I once saw an armed man (shotgun) walk towards the tollgates, so I called the Sinoville police station. The response was: "Oh don't worry... its probably just a security guard walking home."

Shocking to read this is going on anywhere, never mind the Capital City. All I can say is life in Australia is a lot different from SA, whilst there is always the 'stranger danger' and we teach our children 'common sense' about people they don't know. I see children 5 or 6 years old I guess riding bikes in the street, just like I used to as a child, just doing what 'normal' children do. I can only reiterate that moving to Australia has been the best thing we could ever have done.

I keep getting suggestions and innuendoes from family about coming to visit, but I keep seeing these reports (thanks for posting) and I ask myself if I can in all good conscience expose my son to these dangers, just to make say to some cousin or aunt, this is your cousin from Australia! I would really rather pay for them to come and visit me or meet them somewhere in the middle, Europe or UK.

Anyway, I hope you all stay safe and keep focused on your journey to Aus. its really all about the children, they deserve the opportunity of a 'normal' childhood and possibility to be all they can be.

Joe