The PCC Debacle.....

We handed in our PCC applications on 21 July. The next day we got sms's confirming it was received and it is in process. On Friday 01 August we got the second sms saying our PCC's has been finalised and is ready to be collected. I couldn't believe our luck and thought that we would surely not have any issues....... I clearly had too high hopes, because this morning my husband went there to pick up the PCC's and sure as hell mine was only in my maiden name!!! They wanted proof of marriage certificate and proof of payment AGAIN! So we have to apply for a new one..... Nice way to start a Monday.... :boxing:

We handed in our PCC applications on 21 July. The next day we got sms's confirming it was received and it is in process. On Friday 01 August we got the second sms saying our PCC's has been finalised and is ready to be collected. I couldn't believe our luck and thought that we would surely not have any issues....... I clearly had too high hopes, because this morning my husband went there to pick up the PCC's and sure as hell mine was only in my maiden name!!! They wanted proof of marriage certificate and proof of payment AGAIN! So we have to apply for a new one..... Nice way to start a Monday.... :boxing:

The same happened to us. But because we had specifically stated on the app form that maiden name was required, my husband insisted and stood and waited while they printed another one. I think he waited for around an hour, but mostly because the person with authority to sign the thing was on lunch or could not be located.To actually make the correction and reprint the certificate took all of 5 minutes...which makes one wonder why it is such a long process in the first place? Having said that, we had ours within 2 weeks, so not as bad as expected.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this will help - but drop an email to Daleen van Oostrum - crc-nameclear@saps.gov.za. She has been so helpful. But keep your email brief, to the point and be "overly nice"!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the support and advice.

I had been in touch with Daleen via email already in the last few weeks, so picked up the phone yesterday and begged and cried.... (not the first time in this process ha ha ha)

Anyway, she emails me this morning to say she will have it by lunch time today and we can go collect it!! Still cautious but optomistic :ilikeit:

Without getting into a discussion about the incompetance that is rife in this country.... need I say more??

At least someone there still knows what they are doing :blush-anim-cl:

Hold thumbs everyone, will let you know once we have collected the elusive PCC:)

Thanks for the email address MarkandKelly. TammyP Is there chance that you can share the phone number for Daleen?

Ag it's so wrong that you have to beg & cry. It's your right as a tax paying citizen to receive your docs timeously. So much wrong, huh? ?

Got my PCC today!!! Last thing to do now is our medicals on 26 August!!! Can't believe we have come this far!

• Like 2

OH YES - PCC's received and submitted. Medicals done and submitted. That's it folks. Everything is submitted. Now it's the wait, see, hope, and check for that email. 175 PR here we come. The 5year wait is almost over.....

Edited by JevonLeRoux