Container timing?

Crossedover

Hello to all of you who have arrived....

I am trying to plan our time as wisely as we can. Please can you tell me how long it took from the day they drove off with your container till the day it arrived in your new Aussie driveway.

Thanks so much

X

Container was packed on 12 June and arrived in Oz on 17 July. Our container came to our door 3 weeks later.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also very interested in the answers to this question.

Also how do you know if you will be able to secure a rental by the time your container arrives and what if you can only secure a furnished rental??

So much to think about and we haven't even received our VISAs yet. Imagine what's all going to go through my mind once we have that much waited for mail.

Our 20ft container was packed up 5th December in Jhb and arrived at our rental in Perth on 11 February.

Whatever didn't fit in our container was kept apart to 'share' another container - this left in a truck; also on the 5th Dec and arrived 5 months later (it had been 'forgotten' in the warehouse). These items were loaded in Durban on the 5th March and arrived 5th May. Moral of the story here - always follow up with emails, especially if you don't get any responses.

• 1 year later...

Good day,

Please can someone maybe assist me with what we are allowed in the container, I have a step ladder and electrical tools which is obviously not brand new and has some paint stains etc. which I am battling to get off, all the tools and ladder are cleaned and washed, will this be sufficient or will they hold them back on inspection? Thanks

vanTonderFam, I am no expert but from our experience a good clean was good enough. They did not seem to be after perfection they just don't want bugs. So lots of mud that could house bugs or spiderwebs etc would be a no no.  I do think we have all been over cautioned and so we exceed the expectations in customs. Good luck for the year ahead.

AND don't bring things you don't love or really need... trust me spend the year getting down to the bear minimum!!!!

• Like 2