Do you have to move schools

Guest May

We buying after renting. Have a good school but can't afford to buy in the area so moving 20 minutes away. What do regulations say? Do I have to change them a second time to 3rd school they so struggle to fit in.

Not sure about WA, but in Victoria you don't have to move schools once they are in.

I don't think so. Once you're in, you're in and so are your siblings is usually the rule, but I'm not too sure about WA or that particular school.

No, not as far as I know, fact is you don't really have to tell the school, I suppose that each year they may ask for updated contact details, but your mobile would be the same...............keep the kids where they are.

May, I know some parents who have their children in differents schools, i.e. the youngest in a state school and the older ones private, or even at another state school.

Great question... Thanks for the answers.... Something I was wondering too.

Hi there I know friends that rented a really tiny apartment one to save money but their main aim to get children into school they wanted. They bought a couple of months later in a different area and did not have to move their kiddies. Hope this helps xxz

In NSW you do not have to move your kids. You are however obliged to let the school know that you are moving.

you should be (will be) fine, especially if the school is not looking for a reason to get rid of your kids. Just do not use a false address like a family or friends address to get into a school in the first place, they get really shitty about that!