Update - Finally settling properly

BriD

Am so glad things have worked out so well for you.

Life is amazing, you think it should go one way, but then it goes another, and it is ok!

Enjoy your time there.

You really sound happy and settled. Im so happy for you!

All i have to say about Oyster Bay is I discovered the nicest white wine from Oyster Bay and I love it! That made we wish I could see for myself what Oyster Bay looks like.

Enjoy the hours you are free. I have also discovered my inner chef while i was at home and although I never knew, I had quite the culinary skills! :) well...that's what I like to think anyway. I sorely miss being at home, cooking and baking. I have so many recipe books and I know that even if I use one recipe per day, I will not in my lifetime go through all of them!

If you can, why dont you post some pics of Oyster Bay? I would love to see :)

Very nice update BriD, and btw your hubby's shifts sound perfect :)

Awesome Bri. So glad you and the family and are happy and settled :)

How wonderful that you are beginning to feel more at home... It's jolly hard finding a place to love when you don't know the country... Well done on finding a lovely spot. I hope you continue to be excited about your new beginnings.

Bri, I played good tennis in primary school, then squash in high school and then fell of the wagon. I have now discovered Cardio Tennis here, it is absolutely brilliant. I play twice a week (7-8pm). I saw on their website that there is one 6km from Oyster Bay. First lesson is usually free, go have a look. Otherwise, see if their is not a mum and kids tennis morning on round your area. There is one close to us, mums play tennis and a nanny entertains the kids within sight.

Port Hacking Tennis Centre

come along and find out what 'cardio tennis' is all about. "nathan's tennis" provides lessons for all ages and ability. For all enquiries, call nathan on 0432 945 117.

Such an uplifting post for all the newbies to be. The very best of luck to your settling xxx

Well done things are working out well for you, Please post pics of oyster bay

trev

All i have to say about Oyster Bay is I discovered the nicest white wine from Oyster Bay and I love it! That made we wish I could see for myself what Oyster Bay looks like.

)

Just don't go to the wrong Oyster Bay! :) the wine is from NZ...

Great to hear you guys are settling in so well! Sounds like you've found "your place" - it's a good feeling!

• Like 2

That is so good to hear Brid.

I really believe that it is very difficult to pick a place to live in Australia whilst still in South Africa..............( I'm referring to posts over the years) .......you really need to live here for a while to see what works for you and what doesn't, that is why it is really sensible to rent first and not be afraid to move elsewhere.

Yip, my good mate comes from NZ and he lives across from Oyster Bay, and drinks loads of the stuff.

Hi BriD,

So happy for you guys, you sound so content and happy in your new space. I think it found you! So many things are in place for you now. What an amazing feeling, well done.

I agree about the birdlife. One of the things I can't wait to experience are those wonderful sounds.

Enjoy!

We (or rather me) also drink Oyster Bay wine. I keep an eye out for specials and then buy a box. :whome: It from the Marlborough region, so any white wine from the area is decent, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi BriD,

I lived in Gymea and Barden Ridge for a couple of years and I love the Sutherland Shire.

Diveup

Sounds lovely! happy for you :)