Job offers from Australia

Frenchy

Hi There

We want to apply for the PR136 visa, but as you all well know, this is a lenghty process.

So I have the following question: How good are one's chances on getting a job offer from a company in Australia? How willing are companies to sponsor one for the 457 visa and to help relocate, has this happened to anybody out there or is this just wishfull thinking? My husband is an electrical engineer (mining, process, systems, SCADA), with 9 years experience, many of it international. Anybody out there who works for a company that might be interested in him? We have put his resume on the SEEK website a few days ago, probably a bit impatient, but nothing yet. I have heard that people visit prospective employers on their LSD trips and then sometimes gets a job offer - how exactly do we go about doing this?

We just want to get out of here asap (like the rest of you). Any help, suggestions or a job (ha, ha) will be great.

Frenchy

Hi Frenchy,

There are many of us here on the forum that hold 457 visas (myself included), so yes, it is absolutely possible.

With your husbands experience, I would recommend that he contact employers in the field (Mitsubishi, Siemens, Schneider, ABB, Citect to name some) and ask what their processes are. I know for a fact that these four companies offer sponsorships.

It is very well worth while to make a trip out here and meet up with prospective employers. If your husband has the right skills, they should be more than willing to talk to him.

Good luck and hang in there - it may take some time, but it is worth it in the end

Cheers

Ajay

Hi Frenchy

Your husbads job is in such high demand you will have no problem at all. Did you apply for jobs ? or just post his cv ?.

www.justengineers.com.au

Apply for the jobs and see what happens .

good luck christelle

My advice is to waste no time in looking for as many possible job sponsors as possible. The PR VISA route is lengthy. We started with it and it should complete in parallel....but my honest advice is: Do all you can to get a sponsor, this move is so important, too important just to spend waiting. He needs a job anyway, and he will also get to know the Australian market by doing research. Have a look at Adelaide: There are a lot of Engineering going on there. I myself are an Electronic Engineer, now working as a programmer and also sponsored on the 457. We are already moving in the next month or two, although our PR Case Officer will probably only be allocated near the end of the year.

Frenchie,

South Australia is currently going through a mining boom and it is projected to expand even more in the next few years. Already the state government is talking about 20 - 30 year timelines.

My 2c worth says that you wil stand an even better chance in South Oz due to the mining boom, your hubby's qualifications/experience as well as that South Oz and Adelaide are regional priority areas for skilled migration.

Go for it! Even if you go fir PR class 136, it should be shorter. We indicated Adelaide as our primary choice when we went for PR, and our visa was OK-ed within a year.

However, the Sponsored visa will probably be quicker to obtain, but what I like about the PR 136 is that once you have it your next step is citizenship.

Cheers,

Dax

Dear Ajay, Christelle, Swerwer and Dax

Thanks a lot for your replies. Your answers gave us a lot of hope. We only put my husband's CV on SEEK and Justengineers's websites. We have not applied for any specific jobs. I got an e-mail from Personnelconcept, they have a few offers for him, we have contacted them, lets wait and see.

Thanks for the help!! I would rather go on the 457 visa asap and then apply to get residence asap than wait it out here.

Frenchy

My advice is to waste no time in looking for as many possible job sponsors as possible. The PR VISA route is lengthy. We started with it and it should complete in parallel....but my honest advice is: Do all you can to get a sponsor, this move is so important, too important just to spend waiting. He needs a job anyway, and he will also get to know the Australian market by doing research. Have a look at Adelaide: There are a lot of Engineering going on there. I myself are an Electronic Engineer, now working as a programmer and also sponsored on the 457. We are already moving in the next month or two, although our PR Case Officer will probably only be allocated near the end of the year.

Hi Dax

Hope you do not mind me replying after I read this mail you send to Frenchy.

We are from Florida Roodpoort and my husband is a Fitter.

As we only started this prosess 1week ago he got a call last night from Deysel from Cargill Beef Australia

as sponsor for him he is intersted in Gary however because we only starting prosess now, cant wait so long we are realy mad hee hee.

I done some research and just wanted to ask you seeing you from Roodepoort were did you do your ielts and tra test?

And if you have a website or advise on the prosedure from step a-z.

As we not sure were to find migrant agent as I contacted so many and their prices are very steep.

Then though if we now the steps to follow we can do everything ourself>>.

Any advise for our westrandes.

Mandy

Dear Mandy

If you go on a 457 visa and you have an uncomplicated case (no medical problems etc), you can do it yourself.

Go to the website www.immi.gov.au

Use the search option and look for 457 or go into the workers and migrants section. Booklets and Forms and then download booklet 11. This should give you all the info you need. For 457, you need a sponsor, the sponsor will nominate you, you then get a number and then you van apply for the visa on this side. Do it online on the website...faster than snailmail.

Phone Michelle, Budget Passports at 0824403775. You need a unabridged marriage certificate, -birth certificates and passports for all applicants. She can do this in a very short time and asks about R350 - 390 per document. have to pay to get it done fast. The IELTS is not necessary for the 457, but might be necessary for a skills assessment, should they request one (not sure if this is the TRA you refer to).

Also use this forum. Use the search option to search for topics and read previous answers.

Hope this helps

Frenchy

B)-->

QUOTE(Mandy B @ Apr 23 2007, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Dax

Hope you do not mind me replying after I read this mail you send to Frenchy.

We are from Florida Roodpoort and my husband is a Fitter.

As we only started this prosess 1week ago he got a call last night from Deysel from Cargill Beef Australia

as sponsor for him he is intersted in Gary however because we only starting prosess now, cant wait so long we are realy mad hee hee.

I done some research and just wanted to ask you seeing you from Roodepoort were did you do your ielts and tra test?

And if you have a website or advise on the prosedure from step a-z.

As we not sure were to find migrant agent as I contacted so many and their prices are very steep.

Then though if we now the steps to follow we can do everything ourself>>.

Any advise for our westrandes.

Mandy

Hi

My wife and I got a 457 visa approved about a month ago.

She is the one with the job, basically she put out her CV and within a month she was contacted by

a company for New Zealand, and they asked her if she wanted to go to OZ..(wierd)

But she said yes, and a telephonic interview was done.

From there we had to complete our IELTS ! (The company and immi requested it)

All passports and ID's and certificates were scanned and sent to immi.gov.au directly.

Our visa was completey done in OZ, once they verified certificates and degrees, they asked for a full medical

for my wife, and just a normal medical for me(with x-rays).

They took about 2 months to veryify all documentation, once that was approved, we got an email (officially) from AU saying we were approved for 457 and had I think 6 months to come into OZ.

So the past month has been just selling house and cars, furniture is coming via container.

We are arrriving on May 18.

thats the basics of our application.

Please feel free to ask any more detailed questions....

now that we have done the application, a lot of nitty gritties can sometimes, make you anxious,

but dont worry, with a logical fashion everything can be sorted out...

I wish you well

Neel&Jo

Frenchy, as jy belang stel het ek die 457 proses soos wat ons dit ervaar het gedokumenteer op my blog.

Hi Mandy,

Mauritz is also a fitter( Diesel Electric Fitter) we are busy getting his TRA together at the moment but it is a lengthy thing to do. Because they are on the SOL and MODL on the TRA website it states that they should only take 10 days to eveluate it.

let me know how you go

Cheers

Candice