Anyone with a 190 visa who didn't manage to obtain employment in 2 yrs?

Marcie

Without the risk of being negative, I have been wondering if there is anyone on this forum that was granted 190 visa but was unable to secure employment within the compulsory 2 yr stay in the sponsored state? Obviously your South African hands wouldn't have lasted forever

But my thinking is, if after applying for numerous jobs and nothing was gained, would that specific state allow you to apply in another state at all?

I believe they do if you can prove you have tried, although I'm sure one would find some kind of work in 2 years. I did find this thread on another forum http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/41959-can-i-move-other-states-i-can-t-find-my-job-here-sa-visa-190-former-176-a.html

Without the risk of being negative, I have been wondering if there is anyone on this forum that was granted 190 visa but was unable to secure employment within the compulsory 2 yr stay in the sponsored state? Obviously your South African hands wouldn't have lasted forever

But my thinking is, if after applying for numerous jobs and nothing was gained, would that specific state allow you to apply in another state at all?

Yes they will, and you can ask for a release a lot sooner than 24 months.

There was someone on this list who asked for a waiver from a 190 ACT visa and was given it after a whole month, IIRC.

Can't remember the name, but maybe Toitjie can remember .....

Yes you are allowed to be released from State sponsorship. Inform your case officer that you have struggled to find employement or whatever your reasons are for wanting to move to a different state. I know of quite a few couples who have done this.

All the best

Thanks everyone for your responses. Puts my mind at ease a little :)

I think it was ShazPas

Think you may be right.

It is possible, if you found yourself in this situation it would be best to contact your sponsoring state explaining your situation and provide evidence of your attempts to find work in your profession, they would probably not openly condone this because it might set a precedent but I doubt they would be unreasonable if you have made an honest attempt.

Edited by ParkerInc

I thought it was MandyW who stayed a month in ACT. I would be keen to know if they have found work in QL

I thought it was MandyW who stayed a month in ACT. I would be keen to know if they have found work in QL

I think you are correct - Shaz was here quite bit longer IIRC.

Seemed to me that the person I was thinking of was here for a very short time...

But then we get away from the original question.

Edited by OubaasDik