police clearance

muishond

We applied for our PCC's and got them in 2 weeks only to notice that they had left my wife's maiden name off her PCC. After speaking to the relevant people in Pretoria, the clearance has been done, so it's just a reprint and takes 4-5 working days (ended up taking roughly 10 working days). We were told that the error was our own fault and not the issuing authorities, even though it was the lady at the local police station that told us what was needed. It's an additional unnecessary cost of ~R350 (application and courier fees) that could have been avoided if the local police stations actually knew what was needed!

For your guys reference:

1. It seems there is a disconnect between the local police stations and the issuing authority in Pretoria as to what information is actually needed. Applicants should phone Pretoria to find out.
  2. For married women it is essential that a copy of their marriage certificate is attached with the PCC application in order for their maiden name to be on the application.
  3. All PCC's have "Ms" regardless of marital status.
  4. If the mistake has been made you need to contact the issuing authority in Pretoria and they will allow you to email a copy of your marriage certificate for a reprint. You will be expected to pay the R59 application fee again (via EFT) as we were told "It's not our fault that your local police station didn't give you the right information".

• 2 weeks later...

O yes. Went today to do this...... after driving in the loverly pretoria cbd with 2kiddies and mil, i evengually took over the driving as rudi was ready to eat the stearing wheel.

Well my son fell down 3steps of stairs after we walked around looking for the bludy place. Mil knees are shot so she struggles to keep up, i'm annoyed if all ghe people walking by and bumping into you,, well pariniod more for not getting pick pocketed or stealing the kids or even mugging mil.

So eventually after i got some police officers standing and chatting to people to tell me the place, there we go. My son cant walk so rudi has to carry my 40kg bundle of joy, my daugter says her feet are sore and mouning and i am walking......

Got eventually the place, now i need copies of the ids........ down stairs again after telling the whole heigan clan to just stand there and wait.

Got coppies, back. O yoi need to stand in this queue. (Out the door) fine. Now the kids want cooldrink. Give money so mil and rudi can just get some so the kids can by quite.

20mins later, yeay... got to the front. O no yoi will have to bring all the docs so we can do it also on you and your mil maiden name. Ok fine... can you post these clearances to our police station? Oo no, we do not post these as they get lost in the post. But you can give a regisrered envelope we can attache it to the application.

Fudge me!!! I'm standing there NOW??

Anyway, after the 2nd sms i will receive from them, i can come fetch the certificates again then i can bring the marraige certificates and a new receipt of both payments again then the can reissue new ones.

The joys of living in pta!

I swear I'm so glad I don't have to cope with that any more.

By the way as for police clearances for age 16 and over, you will see that the Aus government treats 16 as an adult. If you try to call any Govt department for eg the ATO about your 16 year old, the official will not talk to you. Meantime the kid doesn't have a clue what's going on around him....

• 3 months later...

Seems the holiday fever is catching up with the government.

Today marks exactly 1 month from receiving 1st sms stating that is being processed. This is the LAST document standing in our way of a 189 visa, the wait is killing us!!!

Even the dreaded Form 80 is completed and handed in., gosh..

Our migration agent handed it in and collected on our behalf as they are in Pretoria. The first time it took only a week (and we received SMS's). We applied for a second PCC (to give us flexibility on our "Must Make First Entry to Australia Before" date) and it took 2 weeks (and we didn't receive any SMS's).

Have you checked here: http://www.saps.gov.za/services/certificate.php