High School recommendations

julesktm1

Hi Everyone,

We have bought in Kinross and am looking at applying at High schools as carla will be going into Australia's grade 8.

What good schools can you recommend and others that are sponsored by Catholic Church or Anglican (but dont know what you call them in OZ - in Zambia we would call them semi private :blush-anim-cl: )too as i would like to aply now via email if I can.

Also if I work all day she will be 13 (eeek do we leave them alone at home)?? :)

Edited by julesktm1

:blush-anim-cl: Have to get the lingo right......dont I....... Sorry I meant the schools like prendiville that are sponsored by the catholics or other schools by the Anglicans ( not too sure what the right lingo is ) :blush-anim-cl:

:blush-anim-cl: Have to get the lingo right......dont I....... Sorry I meant the schools like prendiville that are sponsored by the catholics or other schools by the Anglicans ( not too sure what the right lingo is ) :blush-anim-cl:

No apology necessary, I don't live in Perth so I was genuinely curious whether Perth had a "semi-private" category. :) I know Perth has some govt schools that are run by a school board rather than the education dept...we are getting those in Brisbane now and I'm curious to know how successful they are.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1

Fish you are right

Government school

Semi private - which are schools affiliated to a religious denomination ie Catholica/Angilican/Baptist etc

Private schools the likes of Hale, St Mary's etc

These also determine the fee structure

My kids attended a Catholic High School in Adelaide and are now at a Lutheran one in Brisbane where the fees are double. :( We were extremely happy with the Catholic school, it was great value for money (still not exactly cheap), with stunning grounds and lovely teachers. No complaints :)

Hi Jules

There are three education sectors in WA: government; Catholic ( such as Prendiville, La Salle, etc) and independent schools ( this includes both the Anglican, Baptist, and high-fee paying schools, such as Hale, Scotch, etc.) The term semi- private is not used at all. Essentially all schools other than government schools are private, they just vary in the fees they charge. ( Should also mention that the high- fee schools are sometimes referred to as the PSA schools- Public Schools association!!)

As for schools in the area; have a look at the following St Mark's Anglican, Lake Joondalup Baptist, Peter Moyes Anglican and maybe even Quinns Baptist- varying degrees of travel involved. If money and a bit of travel is not an issue, for girls look at St Mary's.

Hope that helps