Bidding on a house PERTH

Guest May

Which area is this in? Is it a standalone house or an apartment?

Certain parts of the WA real estate market are losing value at the moment (like city apartments) so you might get away with a lowball offer...

each deal will be different - do your research on the sellers, why they selling, what they paid, how many offers do they have, are they in a hurry or is there something that will appeal to the buyer ?

In our case, I learned that the seller had 2 offers at his asking price, but these were subject to 'finance' and the sale of property - importantly I learned that he was in a desperate hurry, as he had committed on another house - so ..... I offered him $50k less than asking price (-6%), but to appeal to his 'urgency' I offered him a cash deal, no 'subject to' clause, and a very quick settelment date - they came back and asked if we could meet half-way - but I explained that that was all the available cash I had at the time, that any higher price would have to be subject to finance, delays, etc... - guess what - to my surprise, they accepted the cash offer price ..... :-)

May we dealt with Mortgage Choice for a pre-approval here in Bne and it was an absolute pleasure. They did everything and got us a great interest rate. I never thought I'd recommend a broker but it worked! Best of luck with your offer.

I would not rush into such a significant financial decision/ commitment - if there is no time to do my 'homework' then in my view 'it was not ment to be' - but each to their own

maybe i am way to 'relaxed' and careful - but always believe the 'right' deal will come to those who wait (and prepare)

gOOd LucK !!!