Settling in Melbourne

AlmostAnOzzie

a Movecube is one of our options, however, transport time is about 90 days ...

I was thinking of just taking personals, valuables and irreplaceable items and also some of the kids things so they dont feel to "foreign" LOL

We are trying all of our options as I dont want to battle while waiting for our cube, IE washing, cooking etc ...

I think if you time it right so you can borrow a bit from family in SA it will be easier. Also there are laundromats here in Aus you can easily use. It costs a few gold coins each time. We used them when we waited for our container. Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Wish I bloody knew about the laundromats here. Did washing by hand for 3 months in the bath tub, old school. :boxing::blush-anim-cl:

Hahaha Surferman. As long as it wasn't in the river, I guess...

• Like 1

Flip, if I washed it in the river that ran down below our house in SA, I would be dead in 5 minutes from Steph, Strap, E. Coli, uranium, acid mine drainage etc. When I found out about all the upstream squatter camps I never went near it again.

• Like 1

Great on succeeding with your adventure thus far. Congrats :ilikeit:

I have a Question for you? Did you take any furniture with? If not, (mind me asking) how much on average did you spend to furnish your rental? $?

We don't have a lot of things we want to take with, so we have weighing our options of what to take if we have to take? Our furniture is not worth a R75 000 container and i am NOT willing to share? :closedeyes:

Furniture is expensive, depending on what you're looking for and the quality is not the same as in SA. Solid wood furniture here is rare and expensive, most of it is chipboard with a nice vinear. We decided to purchase quality furniture (not solid) rather than replace it later. So we must have spent about $6000 on everything from fridge to beds, desks, lounge suite etc.

Hope that helps

a Movecube is one of our options, however, transport time is about 90 days ...

I was thinking of just taking personals, valuables and irreplaceable items and also some of the kids things so they dont feel to "foreign" LOL

We are trying all of our options as I dont want to battle while waiting for our cube, IE washing, cooking etc ...

VanSchool have you looked at the Ikea website? It's not usually high quality but they have some interesting stuff.

http://m.ikea.com/au/

Happy looking!

it is possible to get some wooden furniture if you look around there are wooden factory stores that arnt too expensive.

We got a couple of items in wood for here for example:

http://furnituretrader.com.au/

They do also do some chipboard so read the blurb on the items to see what is solid wood

Don't forget Gumtree! Lots of good wood on there for cheap prices :)

Edited by Bronwyn&Co