Caddies for school books

Kanniewagnie

My daughter is in Grade 4 this year. We consider buying her a Caddi, which costs R700,00.

The amount of books she has to carry to school each day is A LOT more than Gr 3 and quite heavy too.

Before we buy, I hope you can answer me:

1. Will we be allowed to use the Caddi when in Oz Public school?

2. Did you find the amount of books be the same/ less / more over there in comparrisson?

Thank you!

Hi Kanniewagnie

Our kids just started year 6 & 9 with Catholic schools and have no choice on bags- needs to be the official bag. Funny thing is that so far they come home empty. They leave there books at school and hardly have home work? Maybe still early days. Our kids have commented that school is much easier than RSA.

The books go to school and are kept there, they will likely only bring their homework folder home and lunchbox, so any backpack will do. Plus bags have to go on the bag rack, not much space there for anything big.

Usually the school has their own bag which you have to buy and use. Also in primary school the only thing in my kids bag was their lunchbox and water bottle and their homework (if they had any).

My eldest just started high school and her bag is very heavy (and she gets loads of homework!) but I think she's still figuring out which she can leave at school etc. But again they had to buy the backpack supplied by the school.

Also they have lockers in high school where they keep things in which in theory should make her load less once she has organised herself.

Edited by Sibella