Confused about 136 SOL

Guest Gwen

The more I read the more confused I get. My husband has 12 years Accounting experience and Accounting is on the SOL list. He doesn't have any degree. Would he qualify or not on any of the 60, 50 or 40 points.??

Does his years of experience count for anything towards this visa?

Your input would be truly appreciated.

Gwen

Hi Gwen

Sorry - not my area, but I had a quick browse around and it would seem that all three of the assessing bodies (p21 and 22 of the SOL document) do NOT accept experience in lieu of formal qualifications. Maybe someone else has other information in this regard.

Perhaps your husband could qualify in terms on of the other occupations.

Cindy

I think Cindy is right about that, my wife got her skills assessment from ICAA and their web site says

You must have formal tertiary qualifications to be considered as a skilled Accountant for the purpose of migration to Australia. If you do not have qualifications, which are assessed as at least comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor degree, your qualifications will be assessed as not suitable for the purpose of migration under your skilled migration occupation.
So it seems that you cant get a positive skills assessment for accounting if you dont have formal qualifications, no matter how many years experience you have.

And seeing that a positive skills assessment is a 'Key Eligibility Requirement' for a 136 permanent residence visa, it seems that you cant get the 136 visa without the skills assessment.

Probably not the greatest news but there are plenty of ways to get to Aus, maybe somebody can give some suggestions ?

Edited by tommo