Australian economy

Smitte

Read into the unemployment rate by also realizing the partisipation rate is at it's lowest since 2006. So a true unemployment figure is more likely between 10 and 15 %.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I first arrived I found it quite frustrating that although I had converted my CA to an Australian CA and registered with the ICAA the recruitment agent thought I would really struggle with the concept of GST and completing a BAS statement. So please do not let new terminology intimidate you nor people who cannot think that any other country would treat a debit and credit the same way as an Australian. If you wanted to get into the corporate world your previous experience will certainly help, the negatives may be time flexibility, for example if you have kids what to do with them after school and in the school holidays etc., these jobs would be better remunerated than starting out in a public practice position. If you choose to work for an accountant in public practice sadly your lack of experience with Australian tax will take you back to the equivalent of a University graduate (but you may still fast track quite quickly thereafter). Starting your own practice - even with a CA qualification you will still need 2 years practical Australian tax experience to become a Registered Tax Agent. Let me know if you want any more detail - I was corporate back in SA but because of kids and flexibility I have my own practice here in Aussie.