How to add a hyperlink to signature

Toitjie

Question

I would like to add a hyperlink of my journals to my signature...those where you amend the long name of the hyperlink to something shorter, but the link stays the same...

how do I do that? I have tried but cannot get it quite right :)

thx

4 answers to this question

Hi Toitjie

When you are editing your signature type the heading of the jorrnal (or whatever you want to make it) and then highlight the words. Once they are highlighted there should be a button in the formatting bar somewhere that looks like a chain link. Clicking it should bring up a dialog box where you will be able to paste the full URL. Click ok and the title you typed should be linked.

• Like 1

Thank you HEOJ for answering...............lol

Please just take note, that as a rule, we don't really allow links in signatures. This was decided upon mostly to prevent advertising (can can still add a link to your profile for people to see when they view that. In some cases we are relaxing the rule, such as in HEOJ's above, which really just points to another thread.

So bottom line, no advertising links in sigs!

Enjoy!

Thanx Hendie - all I wanted to do was to put the link in my signature to my journals on this forum - and then rename the link so that it isn't that long http name but I could not get it right anyway :)