Schools on Gold Coast

Jcleroux

Hi we have decided to stay on Gold Coast. We are currently staying in Maudsland For 6 weeks and I want to try find a school close by for my sons who are going into grade 4 and Grade 5.

Any suggestions? Having sleepless nights about getting into the right school.

Hi

I've been told that most primary schools are fine. I've registered my boys at Elanora primary which apparently is quite a big school in Ozzie standards. I've two South African friends who's kids go there and they seem happy with the school. My one friend did say her kids love it but she is still getting used to certain things (ie. such little homework about an hours worth a week, also no repercussion if you don't do your homework). I've also made peace with the idea if its not the school for us after a while we will just have to move the kids even though that's not ideal.

Good luck

Hi we tried 3 private schools all full!

Next option is parklake school but we need to secure a rental first in the area and there is not a lot of houses. Stress levels very high.[q

Which schools have you tried? Hillcrest Christian Academy, Kings Christian College, St Andrews, St Stephens, A B Patterson, Emmanuel College?

These State schools are good:

Clover Hill (Mudgeeraba) awesome school, Reedy Creek, Varsity College, Merrimac State school, Robina state school. Would you look at living in a complex with a pool in the complex? They are really upmarket and walk to shops etc and would be in the zone for Clover Hill, let me know and I can put you in touch with some mums whose kids go to these schools - Carman from the forum has two boys at Clover Hill and is extremely happy with the school.

Send me a PM with your phone number and I will call you.

Regards

Heather

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I am just interested, what school have you decided on, and are you happy? We are coming end of July, and I am looking at schools for my son who is 7.

Thanks!

Lizelle

• 1 month later...

Hi we chose coomera springs primary . High school we have applied at Assisi, st Stephens , pimpama secondary and helensvale .

Just trying to choose the right fit for our son for grade 7 next year.