Housework: Ironing

sonnetjie

Thought this might come in handy.

The following place has been recommended to me http://www.ironing.com.au/ by a number of people now. I have not used them myself yet, but have only heard positive things about them. One of the ladies I work with uses their services regularly. She found the dry cleaning was getting a bit expensive. Her hub washes all his own business shirts and then she has them ironed for $1.60 a shirt they pick up all his shirts and deliver them for $5 dollars. She has been very impressed with their services. They even recently did some alterations at a very reasonable price. She has all her skirts and dresses ironed for $1.70 per item.

I have a fairly simple solution to the ironing problem - I don't.

The minute the washing is off the line, I fold it up or hang it up and then its straight into the cupboard. Then I iron if and when needed.

another alternative is iron when you need it. I have a table in the laundry where we put all our ironing items and each morning when I wake up I iron what I am going to wear for the day.

no point in stressing yourself each week or spending hours in front of an ironing board trying to get it done.

Rgds

matman

Hi all you anti ironers!

I suggest getting an Elna press... :P

Regards

Ulrich

Edited by Ulrich_W

I have a fairly simple solution to the ironing problem - I don't.

The minute the washing is off the line, I fold it up or hang it up and then its straight into the cupboard. Then I iron if and when needed.

Ditto! :P I've learnt to hang my clothes really neatly on the line and I've taught my kids to do the same :blush: . It also helps if you take them off just before they're completely dry and give them a quick 10 min spin in the tumble drier. :wub:

Edited by Annette

Ditto! :ilikeit: I've learnt to hang my clothes really neatly on the line and I've taught my kids to do the same :lol: . It also helps if you take them off just before they're completely dry and give them a quick 10 min spin in the tumble drier. :D

same here

.....and use an 'easy iron' softener! ;)