Pessimistic CO allocation time prediction

I have made an unfortunate discovery!

For every month that goes by, the CO allocating time lags behind by an additional 13 days on average. Therefore the waiting period keeps increasing from your lodgement date until your CO allocation date.

Based on this I have predicted that our application (lodgement date 28 Dec 2006) will only be allocated a CO in Nov 07. I attach a graph that explains it. I hope I am wrong, but it sure seems like this is what is happening.

post-643-1176375299.jpg

I hope the do something to speed things up, but since June 2006 they have just been falling further and further behind.....

W :ilikeit:

But at least we will still get there !!!!!!!! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Hi W+R.

Interesting, but i dont think that the timeline is 100% Correct. We lodged on 20 Sept 06 and was allocated a case officer on 22 March 07. Six months. I was also thinking that we will only be allocated a co in May, but luckily not. So hang in there, it comes when you least excpect it. :ilikeit:

Regards

Sheila2Oz

Yeah, and then you get to hang around and wait some more. I've been looking on austimeline and there are some real delays between CO allocation and pre grant letter: We were allocated a CO in December, all docs received by DIAC in Feb and we have heard NOTHING. There are some applicants who haven't heard a thing since October 06, hope that doesn't happen to us!

C'Lou

Yes, that is off course the next big wait! Waiting time after you actually get your CO and submit all your documentation, but before you get the visa!

I really do hope the situation starts improving, because the average waiting time is quickly going to exceed 1 year.

W

Hi

I think this was discussed in another post. It seems that DICA often go slower and then faster. So even if they seem to be lagging behind now, they might go faster in a few weeks time and catch up. As far as I understand they still let only a set number of people in every year and so they should be able to keep the waiting time constant. I lodged in mid-December so I'm hoping for a case officer by mid July. I hope that there aren't really any problems there!

What does concern me is to hear that even once you've got a case officer some people are experiencing delays! My partner is already on the other side, and this waiting for a year thing is getting a bit hectic! I need to get there by beginning of '08, dammit!

I hear what you guys are saying, that the waiting time sometimes increases and at other times decreases.

What worries me though is that since August 2006, the waiting time has never shortened, only got longer.

Perhaps they allow their yearly quota in and the rest just have to wait until the next year? I really don't know, but I will keep an eye on this to see if the waiting period perhaps gets shorter.

It does help a bit that we are all in the same "boat" :ilikeit:

Hey W+R, We received a letter from Aus dated 27 September 2006 saying they received our application. We received a CO 5 April. It looks like they are busy with applications end Sep begining October 2006, which is 100% on schedule. As long as you don't get the "eish, i do not know" answer, like in SA, u are ok. Hang in there,

Thanks Langes and Karen96!

That makes me feel much better.

Karen96, I think you might be right, I really hope so!

Langes, you received your acknowledgement letter dated 27 September 2006, but when did they receive your application? What is your lodgement date?, that is the important bit.

Most people on the forum have said that the CO allocation is about what the weekly ASPC e-mail predicts.

I think the automated timeline reply of ASPC relates to applicants coming from Very High Risk Countries.

I'm sorry to say that there are only two categories - low risk and high risk and SA is "high risk"

C'Lou

W+R, you have confirmed what I have suspected since the beginning of the year, and the feedback we have received from our agent....that they are being swamped by an increased amount of applications...probably from South Africa if you ask me. :ilikeit:

Hi Mandy

Low risk countries are those countries whose citizens may apply for ETA - if you hold a passport from one of the following countries Andorra Austria Belgium Brunei Canada Denmark Finland France Germany Greece Hong Kong SAR Iceland Ireland Italy Japan Liechtenstein Luxembourg Malaysia Malta Monaco Netherlands Norway Portugal San Marino Singapore South Korea Spain Sweden Switzerland United Kingdom United States Of America Vatican City

High risk countries are all other countries not listed above

Processing standards (in terms of DIAC's client service charter) differ for high and low risk countries (see link). For GSM applicants the standard is 12 months for low risk and 15 months for high risk.

Cindy

BTW read on austimeline this morning that an applicant was advised by DIAC that the routine processing can take six months or longer after all paperwork received by the allocated CO. (So after waiting 8 months for a CO you could still wait another six months for an answer!)

And after everything is said and done, what shall we do?..................... just wait some more :ilikeit:

And after everything is said and done, what shall we do?..................... just wait some more :lol:

And unfortunately:

after all is said and done.... there's more said than done :ilikeit:

And unfortunately:

after all is said and done.... there's more said than done :lol:

:ilikeit: