Editing someone else's post.

Mikej

Question

10 answers to this question

Can only have been one of the moderators?

Hi Mike. The only people on the forum that can edit posts are the hosts but we would only do that in extreme cases or if we had asked someone to remove something offensive and whoever edited the post would have sent you PM explaining why it was done.

Can you give me a link or a post title so that we can investigate?

suggest you PM the editor > the note (as below copied from your post) shows who did the edit

Edited by Mara, Today, 02:52 PM.

Hello HEJJ. The post is in the Health and Wellbeing section and is called Braces for kids. Sorry I am on my phone and don't know how to do a link. And no there was no PM from the moderator.

Thanks

Edited by Mikej

I just looked at the post and it seems to be a slip of the finger and was meant to be quote instead of an edit. For the moderators the edit and quote buttons are right next to one another and it's easy to make the mistake of editing instead of quoting a post. I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

• Like 1

Hi Mikej

After having a look, it seems to me that Mara was planning to edit her own post to say that her son wore his braces until he was 18 and accidentally edited yours................maybe she didn't have her glasses on............I'm sure we'll find out when she is next on line...............as HEOJ says, we have a few more buttons and trigger happy people like myself tend to stay away from them......................

• Like 2

Hello HEJJ and AndreaL.

It was a surprise to find someone else editing my post and I wanted to understand how this could happen.

Thanks for explaining

Edited by Mikej
  • Like 1

To all the hosts, thank you for protecting all of us here on the forum.

AndreaL you are more than welcome to be trigger happy if it means our safety.

• Like 1

To all the hosts, thank you for protecting all of us here on the forum.

AndreaL you are more than welcome to be trigger happy if it means our safety.

You'll always be safe here Bams

Hello HEJJ and AndreaL.

It was a surprise to find someone else editing my post and I wanted to understand how this could happen.

Thanks for explaining

Yes, we are able to do a few little tricks, such as edit a misspelt title etc, usually when asked by a member. As far as I am aware, you can also edit your own post for 24 hours, after that you can ask a host/moderator.

Oops, sorry about that, yes it was me... my apologies Mikej, I have removed it and posted into my post instead.

• Like 2