Greenwood, Woodvale & Duncraig State High

Guest May

I would like to hear from the teachers and parents esp ones at the schools what questions I need to ask. I have about 4 days before term breaks to register and no rental at this stage. Moving Interstate 16th December

Questions like what percentage of Year 12s got into Uni? What matters? Parents views if any have kids there in Yr8//9/10. I still have to have the debate about Luke redo-ing Yr8 because he was in top 30% so why have him re-do. I know it means he is same age group then.

Duncraig is rated higher/

Woodvale has Mandarin/

Greenwood is smaller

.....all have South African kids...

The boys went from Primary School SA to High School Brisbane and now another change....

so I need to make the best choice I can.

This http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/internet/Publications/Reports/Statistical_Reports/School_Comparison_Statistics will give you the information on ATAR ( university entrance) scores and statistics, but that is but one part of a school. As with any set of statistics, they are open to a range of interpretations, but it will give you some idea. Those three schools are all pretty good, so it is a personal choice thing.

Hi May

I think getting a rental will probably be the main influence on your choice. Before we moved to Perth, I did a lot of research and concluded that Woodvale, Duncraig and Carine are good schools. I focused on Woodvale, because I liked the look of the suburb on google and google earth etc! We arrived and then struggled to secure a rental in the Woodvale catchment area. Then we started looking at any rentals in the catchment areas of all three schools. We got a rental in the Duncraig catchment and two of my kids go there. They are really happy there, made great friends, joined other school activities like the bushranger cadets, moved into the academic extension and participate in the athletics and badminton.

Friends of ours had things the other way round. They originally focused on Duncraig SHS, couldn't get a rental and then secured one in Woodvale - with their kids attending school in Woodvale. Same story - good school, kids really happy etc

I think get here, get an house, and then take it from there. If you are in the catchment they have to accommodate you. But they want to see your rental agreement!

Good luck!

Karin

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Dear Karin,

Can I please send you a private message, just want some info on Duncraig SHS.

Thanks Tanya

hi Tanya

no problem, you can pm me. Sorry - only saw this today

Regards

Karin

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh this has answered my question! I am also looking at these schools plus Carine and was wondering if I should choose the school first or the rental first but it seems it will all come down to where I can secure a rental!

Karin could I pm you as well? Just want some more info on Duncraig and woodvale.

Kirsty

• 3 weeks later...

@vaalrivier Hi Karin. I have been unable to send you a pm. Perhaps your mailbox is full?