When 457 visa issued

LiezelM

Hi Everyone

I hope someone can help me. :blink:

I am the main applicant on our 457 visa, and my husband the secondary. When the visa is issued, do we have to get the visa together in the same country? Or can we be in different countries.

I think we have to be together in the same country to get the visa, just want to double check.... :P

Thanks a mill!

Liezel

Hi Liezl,

Where you get the visa stamp put in your passport depends on what passport you hold. If you have SA passports, then you need to go to the VFS offices and they will send them away for the necessary processing. This can be done at different times, and also if you are in different countries. So, if you are the main applicant and you are coming here ahead of hubby, you can go get the visa and come to Australia and your hubby can get his stamped in when he is ready. It makes no difference if you are there or not. However, you might as well do it at the same time, as the visas are valid for the full period anyway, regardless of when you want to actually leave the country.

If you hold EU /British passports, you don't need to have the visa evidenced in your passport until you arrive in Australia and once again, you can get yours done when you arrive and hubby can do the same when he gets here.

Hope this helps and answers your question!

AJay

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks :P

Yes, we have SA passports. I just don't quite understand what you mean with VFS Offices and sending away our passports??

Hi again,

Once your visas are approved, you need to get them stamped into your passport. This used to be done by the Australian Embassy in Pretoria, but they no longer do itand have outsourced this service to a company called VFS. You need to take your passport to them and they will arrange for the necessary visa stamps. It doesn't take long - if I remember correctly, it takes around a week or so. Read here for more information - scroll down to the lower half of the page and you'll see the address for VFS.

Cheers

Ajay

Oooohh ok :huh: Thanks a mill Ajay :ilikeit: