Eyebrow

Question

Hi there admin

I just wondered, there are a lot of people going on a 457 to Australia. But most of the forum and the 100 point check list etc, is aimed at people who go on permanent residence visas.

Cant we make a separate heading under Immigration for a 457, then people can ask their questions there. And get visa specific info?

Just a thought...

5 answers to this question

Hi Eyebrow, your request is being debated, we will get back to you.

Hi eyebrow

The problem with having a specific sub-forum related to the 457 or even the 189, is that at least yearly and often twice a year, there are significant changes to visas and the information becomes incorrect or even obsolete.

At least if you use the search function, you are able to get the latest information.

Another thing I do is subscribe to a monthly newsletter from a migration company. The info is up to date, this is the one I use, just sign up and you will be emailed a monthly newsletter http://www.iscah.com/

You can also subscribe to updates from immi, but your inbox will be full before you know it!

Personally, I think that we already need a big clean up in some of our sub-forums, I think that Jordy did do this recently, but as you would imagine, housekeeping is a major job in a forum this big.

What an interesting request and good answer.

Thanks for your answers.

I didnt just think about information on the 457. Although that is helpful. People can post if they read something about 457 in news, or coming changes or new DIAC info.

But I also think about that is has different stresses! The PR people stress before they go, the 457 after they got there! (Ok, ok, not that simple, but you get the idea)

Questions are different. Do i sell the house, do i move the stuff, how do i get a sponsor etc. all with the background thought of "this might never work out".

There seem to be a bit of unspoken criticism of the 457, because they "didnt do the time", meaning they didnt have the years of wait beforehand.

But let me tell you, i am stressing my whatsits off! And will do for the next few years, until i know.

I agree eyebrow

Honestly, I'm over the "didn't do the time" rubbish. How are your plans progressing?

It is a shame that at one stage there were lots of us coming on 457's or here and looking at p.r. so there was a lot of info on the board, unfortunately a lot of it is seriously outdated.

Don't worry though, whatever stage you are at you will always get support from us :)

If you want you can p.m me and give me your email or add me via Facebook.......whatever you need to make contact and get those questions answered or just have someone to lean on.

We did three 457 visas and there are stresses, so you don't need people having a go at you too.

• Like 2