Recruitment agency warning

Tracy

There is a recruitment company in Victoria (if you want the name, email me), that is SO unprofessional.

I've dealt with 2 of their agents now.

One promised to call me for 3 days running and then nothing, then today I get the advice from the other to get to Aus on a holiday visa, find a job and convert it to a working visa!!! He said it would take less than a month!

I was furious with him when he also classed me with other immigrants who had not shown up or done a dirty on their employers - all before even meeting me or talking to me! But he was oh so keen to "market" me to all and sundry initially...

We all know that Aus employers are hesitant to take on migrants for all the right reasons, but to advise me to do something that we know can get us kicked out of the country is unacceptable.

He also didn't bother to enquire whether I had been to Aus before, which I have, so I knew what to expect so this is not a case of sour grapes by any means.

Would be interesting to know if there's a governing body I could report him to.

Tracy

Another reason why i always advise people to manage their appliactions theirselves, especially with the independent class. With some effort you CAN do it yourself, and save heaps of money that you can apply to your settling-in cost over here.

Hope things will work oput for you and your family, Tracy. :P

Cheers,

Dax

Hi Dax,

I fully agree with you.

The world is full of strange people and it pays to know exactly what is happening every step of the way with any kind of application.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Tracy

yeah, I also got advized from someone already in Oz, that I should file my own applications, takes much less time and saves alot.

Just have to find a job first, :ilikeit:

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I also agree. You either do it the right way or don't do it at all! honesty is one thing that the aussies are big on! I love that about them!