Been here 12 months today

Dedrei

WOW ;) , it has been 12 months to the day that we arrived in Australia. Where has the time gone??? ;):D

I must say that I would not want to have it all over again. I think we were pretty brave coming over, when we have only been married for 5 months, together for 11 years. It has been a real test adjusting to married life in it self, never mind adjusting to a new country. But our relationship just got stronger and I can honestly say we are here to stay.

We have had the most amazing time here in Cairns. We have been able to travel to both Brisbane/Gold Coast and Sydney and never in a million years would we be able to afford to do this in ZA. We had the most amazing time on our visit to Sydney, met some incredible people and just the whole vibe of Sydney.

We will be moving cause I for one can’t cope with this heat and Cairns is a bit small for us. We are really looking forward to our next big move, just waiting for our PR visa. This is why we think that if you can’t afford an LSD from ZA, like us, go to whatever dorpie/town where you get a job and stay there for 2 years. In that time you would have travelled a bit of Australia and gotten more of a feel for some other places and then you can decide where you would like to settle permanently.

I know some would come out and say "but yes, it’s what you make of it". :thumbdown: I somewhat agree to this but on the other hand not really. Every person’s situation and experiences are unique. For e.g. if you come from a big city, adjusting to a small town might be somewhat difficult and also depends if you are moving to a small town wanting a lifestyle change or not.

All I can say in advice to newbies. You will most definitely have your up days and you will have your down days. Just remember we are here on the forum as support for newbies arriving in Australia as well. Hang in there, they say the first 2 years are the toughest, after that it really gets better. :unsure:

Luv

D

Congratulations Dedrei. Year one is quite a milestone. I hope you have a lovely celebration. I assume you'll be moving to Sydney soon or is it Gold Coast? Best wishes to you and hubby.

Regards, Sunflower

Sjoe, is dit al SO lank! Mens maar die tyd vlieg! Bly julle het lekker inge-settle! :thumbdown:

Hey Dedrei

Well done for going through the last year together! I can't believe that the year has passed so quickly, but when I think of everything you guys have done I guess it has to have been a year.

Through all this time you have had a "can do" attitude and, despite the ups and downs of your own experience, you have still always been here for the rest of us.

Congratulations

Cindy

Sjoe dis lank.Ek wens ek kon my vingers klap en ons was al so lank hier ek dink dit maak n groot verskil.Ek moet saam met jou stem n mens het goeie dae en dan weer slegte dae maar n mens kom daar deur aan die einde van die dag.Ursula

Guest Jules

Congrats Dedrei! The time has really flown, indeed. Hope the PR comes through soon so that you can finally move wherever you want to and settle down.

Love

Julie :P

a whole year ! How amazing. It feels like yesterday we met on Rainbownation.

How far you have come and how much you have achieved. :P:blink::ilikeit:

Congratulations you two. You have come such a long way and I believe you will be very happy in Sydney.

Thanks for the post.

It is always good to hear the real story, it helps us prepare for what is coming.

Regards

Johan

Congratulations!!! You are officially not a "sissy".

Good luck for the impending move :P

Gaille & Lawrence

Congratulations Dedrei! :ilikeit:

It feels like yesterday that you arrived in Australia. You are one of the people who has had a tough time, with the job issues, as well as missing your animals so much. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Keep up the good work.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey D,

CONGRATULATIONS !! I am so proud of you for all you have survived this year.

When I think of all you have been through since your arrival it is actually amazing that it has only been a year. I look forward to having you closer and getting to know you better. Have some bubbly (I'll have a chok on this side :ilikeit: ) and ask hubs to pat you on the back from me.

See you soon !!

Loads of love from here

Sunshine

:huh:

Hi Dedrei

Ek kan nie glo dat 'n jaar al verby is nie, "time flies when you having fun!" Baie geluk en mag jul tydjie in Oz net nog meer great wees! Sien uit om jou in Sydney te sien, gaan jou beslis opsoek.

Groete van huis tot huis

Tania

Ag vreeslik dankie almal vir julle well wishes word regtig waardeer. Julle is regte staatmakers.

Ja soos julle seker al agter gekom het, is die groot trek Sydney toe. Die interviews het goed gegaan met liefie met die Toyotas daarso en hulle wou hom al gister gehad het. Al die interviews wat hy voor was het hulle om die job op die spot aangebied. :P

En julle sal nie glo, ons was mos Hillsong toe en gaan toe na die Welcome Lounge na die tyd en begin toe gesels met die outjie. Hy vra toe wat doen ons twee vir 'n werk en wragtie is hy 'n agent by een van die groot Accounting Personnel Agencies wat jy kry en hy gee toe sy besigheids kaartjie vir my en sê ek moet hom kontak nader aan die tyd en my CV vir hom stuur. Ek was verstom, en het net toe besef, kyk alles gebeur nie nou maar net so maklik sommer maar net nie. Ons moet bly in Sydney, as ek na al die "signs' en goed kyk. Die Here is regtig goed vir ons.

Baie liefde van hierso uit die Tropics

xx

Ek is baie bly vir julle.Dit wys jou net bid en hou aan glo en die here sal jou gebede verhoor.Om te dink hy het jul paadjie al lankal daarna toe uitgele en beplan.n Mens het baie om voor dankbaar te wees.Sterkte met voorbereidings. :D Ursula uit Perth.

Hey well done Dedrei

I must say that I would not want to have it all over again. I think we were pretty brave coming over, when we have only been married for 5 months, together for 11 years.

Wow, that would indeed have been a strain on a new marriage :o

Good luck with the next year :ilikeit:

Edited by Stuart and Jill

Bravo, ou girl! :ilikeit: en wat sou ons nou hier op die forum sonder jou gedoen het .... Sterkte met die trek en die nuwe begin - julle is verseker braaf om sommer so gou weer die Groot Trek aan te pak ... :o