De facto partner on 457 Visa

Hi Everyone!

My brother just got a job offer in Australia and will be sponsored on the 457 visa. He is engaged and I know from reading on the immi.govt.au website that his fiance will be able to acompany him as a defacto partner.

What type of "evidence" would they require to grant her a visa? Letters from familymembers stating that they are in a relationship? Proof of joint accounts? Photo's? What else? Has anybody got any experience on this?

Many thanks!!

Mandz

Hi Mandz,

If you click here, you'll see the evidence requirements for a de facto spouse. ALthough this says for permanent migrants, the same criteria apply to temporary visa holders as well.

I've helped some guys out with de facto partners and the kinds of things that are best are leases / bonds showing that you live together, bank account statements in both names, or seperate statements for seperate accounts showing the same residential address, an affadavit stating the circumstances of your relationship (introduced in 2000 by a mutual friend, dated for 6 months, entered an exclusive, committed relationship in 2001, moved in together in 2005 and are committed to the partnership etc etc - not the mills and boon version :thumbdown: ) - that should be sufficient.

Congrats to your brother, by the way - I hope it all works out!

Cheers

Ajay

Thanks Ajay!!

That really helped!

Cheers

Mandz