child stealing a cellphone

ace

The child grows up thinking that's the way things get done!!!!

And enters into a career of ANC politics. :grads:

• Like 2

What chance does this child have... :cry:

Sadly none, as do the millions of children in countries across the world, who have to resort to theft to survive poverty......although I must say this looks more like an organised theft ring.

:thumbdown: shows evidently where the country is going...

I must say this is not very surprising. South Africa is the crime capital of the world. I also don't think this shows where the country is going, it just show what this country is.

I'm not usually one to spout the "crime happens everywhere" mantra, but to be fair, a little girl no older than 7 or 8 and her little turd of a big brother who was about 10 tried to pickpocket me in London about 14 years ago.

She didn't get anything but zipped open my bag and fumbled around. I was a bit shocked and thought "surely not" and then watched her pick a purse out of another young woman's bag. When I pulled her up, she suddenly turned to the woman who didn't know what was going on and said "excuse me, this man tried to steal your purse" and handed to her. All I could do was go "whaaaaaaaaaaaat?" whilst the victim shot me looks that could kill. Who was she going to believe, a freckle-faced kid or a long-haired 19 year old...?

I still can't believe that a kid that young could be so cunning and at the same time, brave! She knew I couldn't do a single thing, it was a public place, I would be lynched if I tried to drag her to the police or something...

Every country has its problems Australia is not immune. Yet the quality and value of a life here is what makes it so worth it.