LSD Diary... Our 16 day trip!

Crossedover

Well our bags are packed and before long we will be on our way... Back to reality... Back to work and back to my kids!!!

Thanks to all you kind folk who followed our trip and gave us advice along the way.

In summary Auz is definitely a place where you can live.... Of that I don't doubt .... Good luck to all of you who are considering this move.

Oops.... I forgot to mention that this am we want to the Margaret River Chocolate factory on the Swan River.... How yummy, down the road from there was a quaint little coffee factory called Yahava Koffee ( yes Koffee!)... The nougat factory is also close by... Not too exciting but if you are out there it is worth popping into.

Ah and I do love the roses in Perth!!!,

oooo... chocolate, coffee and nougat... oh.my.hat.

I am so glad we're going to Perth now!!!

Sidenote: I think part of the problem is that we live with this knowledge of what SA *COULD* be like, and that makes it even harder to go because we all want that... we want that dream, we want our lives to stay the same, but all the stuff we worry about to be sorted out. But because that seems so unlikely we have to give up so much... but again, not so much, because the reasons you go are big ones, good ones. Yet it doesn't make the road much easier to travel.

Thinking of you - how's it been with just you and hubby? I'm nervous about leaving our littlies for the LSd but also half-looking forward to it... :)

Glad your hubby seems positive overall, and seems like you're both leaning towards Perth being the destination of choice?

Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed this :)

McCabes, we had the kids so well sorted so they were having a fun time with grandparents, aunts and uncles that they did not miss us so that helped me not miss them. I was only upset when I knew they were having a problem....

Somehow Oz felt so familiar that we did not feel far from home.

• 2 weeks later...

:) glad that's the case, I just hope my mom will cope with our lot, though they're pretty good really.

I can't wait to see where you go from here, what your decision will be... Hope you've had some good talks with hubby :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update... Been home a month and my husband has said " if we get the visa we will go" so the LSD did the trick. Even with lots of contemplation I can't say I know where would be best to go... Sydney seems out cos of the price of property ... Perth seems a safe and do'able choice for a list of reasons.... But now the reality of such a choice is all consuming! Every day I feel I need to be doing something... Chucking out something... Boy oh boy it's a biggy!

• Like 7

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

At least you're past the "canwejustgoplease" stage to "wheretogo" stage :)

Wishing you all the best with everything!!!!

I haven't commented by have followed your post with interest. Great to hear your perspectives.

Excellent news that your husband has agreed. That's half the battle won.

Wow, this has been a nice read, well done. When you said - or someone else said - that we have to 'give up so much to go', my first thought was: we are not giving up much, most has been taken away long ago. The 'only give-up' is leaving family and friends. But who knows, maybe we'll be paving the way for them soon ??

Now that your hubby has set his mind, you can only relax by focusing on your part - throwing out all the "un-necessities" !!!