HIGH SCHOOLS IN CANBERRA

Marilise

Hi,

My daughter is currently 13 and in grade 7 and my son 16 and grade 11. Depending on when we will be moving, I will need at least a good high school for my daughter. We are Afrikaans and she is seriously stressed about have to school in English. Any advice, thoughts I can share with her from your experience to ease her mind?

Are the teachers very accommodating, etc? Is the subjects very much different from SA (maths, English - sure the other subjects will differ majorly)

What high schools would you recommend?

Thanks

Mari

We are moving to Amaroo, Look up Amaroo school only up to year 10 though, a good few Saffas as far as I know.........

I had a look at all the public schools in Canberra and they all offer mostly the same, being in Aus, great education and other activities. So to me it seems we will have to make a choice where we want to live and then use the schools in that area. Is this assumption correct of what else must I be looking for in school hunting?

I also did some investigation into areas and it seems Belconnen and Gungahlin and may Inner North is good areas to move to? Not so expensive as the areas closer to the city? Any thoughts to share on this?

Thanks

Mari

http://www.amaroos.act.edu.au/

We secured a rental at 450 pw, in Amaroo Gungahlin, Amaroo school goes from preschool to year 10,

Heard good reviews, we'll see when we get there..........