Brisbane suburbs

kangaroo

Hi everyone ;)

Family members of mine are considering Brisbane as place to settle in Australia. I'd love to hear from all of you in the know which good suburbs they should consider having a look at...it must be close to good schools, close to amenities, have easy access to beaches, all of that good stuff!

Please can you let me know what your suggestions for suburbs in Brisbane are?

Thanks in advance!

B)

Hi!

We've only been in Brisbane for 2 years and we found that the areas are quite varied. Brisbane doesn't have a decent beach - you need to drive out North to the Northern areas of the sunshine coast (Redbank, is probably the closest) Areas like mt. Cotton allow canal living, but are far from Brsbane CBD, depending on work requirements and commuting into the city.

We live in Forest Lake, 17km south west of Brisbane, and it is quiet enough that we're not disturbed by city noises. OUr kids walk to school, depending on whether they want their kids in state or private schools, that's something they would need to decide. Forest Lake has a number of SAns living here, as does Kenmore and areas around Moggil.

The African club of Queensland meets at the end of every month in Toowong www.africaclub.org.au

And the Afrikaanse Klub are active all around Queensland www.Afrikaans.org.au

In addition, they should be able to find info regarding the suburbs at www.ourbrisbane.com

They can also PM us if they'd like more info, we'd be glad to assist!!

Thanks Taylor, I really appreciate all the Brisbane info! :D:ilikeit:

Will most definitely convey the info to my family!

;) Liza

PS: I see Swerwer posted more or less the same request as mine here...great minds think alike! :ilikeit:

Edited by kangaroo