'Cos in my Australian Dream..

OzDreams

I called my best friend from University in April. She was packing for Melbourne.

When I spoke to my hubby that night, we realized it's time to face the reality of our life. Hard as this is for us, I look into the blue eyes of my tiny children and I know they deserve better. They deserve a fair chance and a safe life.

So the winds of change have been breezing, blowing and howling in our ears since then.

We appointed ASA in May - my friend was very happy with them and we had no reason not to trust them.

By June the 10th, we posted our completed file with all required documents and forms to ASA. They promised to try and lodge before 1 July. Lodgement didn't happen though and it seems as if ASA completely fell apart in June - without us even knowing about it! We're hoping next week will be the week our application finally gets lodged by a migration agent who took over our file. I'm hoping like hell the new guy knows what he's doing.

Finding this forum has been the highlight of this week in terms of our migration process. It's so awesome to know you guys have walked this road or are busy with the same journey.

'Cos in my African Australian Dream there's a new tomorrow

Edited by OzDreams
  • Like 2

Same here,

Also realized that there is no good future for our 2 boys in SA. While we might struggle, it will all be worth while just for my boys.

Looked long and hard before trusting any agent. But I'm sure it's still a gamble. To trust someone with not only all this money but also all your private documents etc.

Started the process beginning of June, Hubby applied for Passport 10 June. Only received it 10Aug. So, this pass week we only really started with documents.

Also very glad I Found SAAustralia.

• Like 1

Good luck to both of you and welcome to the forum :ilikeit:

Just take it one day at a time - it is SO worth it :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Hi Guys

This forum is great...filled with people who try and make the journey a little bit easier for those yet to.

Good luck and fire away with any questions you have :)

• Like 1

Welcome, trust you will feel right at home here, in our corner of the internet!

• Like 2

This is the best place to be if you are taking on this HUGE journey.

The friends here will listen, cry with you, give you advice, refer you to people and support you like no-one else ever will.

Good luck on your journeys and keep us posted.

• Like 2

Welcome OzDreams,

Hope your visa gets lodged soon, I have read on the forum about ASA - what a nightmare for you.

All the best with your plans to get Down Under and live the Aussie Dream.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for the encouragement and for making me feel welcome here, you all. Much appreciated! :)