Expect a softer/stagnant job market

chzaau

The federal government forecast in its mini-budget last week for unemployment to rise to 6.25 per cent this financial year and to remain at the same level next year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/jobless-rate-remains-at-fouryear-high-20130808-2rihq.html#ixzz2bMCicPua

"unemployment slipped to 3.6 per cent in the ACT"

so that's at least a silver lining...it seems unemployed is very low in Canberra, and it didnt rise but instead fell a little

• Like 1

Yip it was on the news tonight - there was a job expo is Sydney and it wasn't a pretty picture and they predicting it's going to get worse.

Always told you Canberra was Australia's best kept secret !

Out of interest of that 5.7% July actual to 6.25% forecasted how many people are actively looking for work?

And how do they determine that.

I am 'actively' looking, I am, I cant say that the 9-10 agents I am listed with are.

Going to write the dodos today and ask them what they suggest I do for next 6-18months for income.

Sorry I am venting, I had asked them anything from data capture up and its still not happening.

Tried reskilling, tried volunteering, now trying to move states however its a catch 22 when it comes to leases in 2 states

and no job so hey I cant afford to move without incurring substantial penalty for breaking lease.