NAB electronic banking - cant get setup

Jcleroux

Hi has anyone had a similar experience with NAB. I set up my account and now when I want to get the Internet banking setup . The SMS to my cell in SA doesn't come through so I can't get the pin so I can view my accounts.

Thanks

They have lots of issues when it comes to RSA numbers. Best is to call them and set it up, it just doesn't work any other way. That's what I had to do.

As far as I know you can't set up Internet banking until you have been into the branch and activated you account.

Yip - you can create the account from SA - tranfer $ZIM100000000 (or $5.00), but until you walk into a branch with your Passport, Visa you will not be able to do anything.

You can email your "contact" at the bank and say - I have tranferred $xxxx on YY date and they will confirm the transaction for you.

I recently managed to setup my NAB internet banking from SA. I got my authorization code SMS'ed to me and I can log in to the site and view my balance. Its possible the phone number they have for you isn't correctly prefixed with the country code.

The number you need to use should look like this 001127xxxxxxxxx. I also struggled with getting the bank to call me.

After the 001127 drop the 0 from the dialling code.

I was told I would only have access once I go to Aus and present myself with my passport.

I opened my account with NAB in 2008 and they have been very helpful the whole time, I just transfer money into it from my Aus paypal acc which is linked.

I was told I would only have access once I go to Aus and present myself with my passport.

I opened my account with NAB in 2008 and they have been very helpful the whole time, I just transfer money into it from my Aus paypal acc which is linked.

Same with me, but I can still log into Internet banking to view my balance. I just don't have access to the funds.

Thanks so much everyone ,special thanks to had enough of juju . I used the code you suggested And yippee my Internet banking is set up. I know it's only for viewing purposes but really gave me comfort when I did my first forex transfer and saw the money in my account.

• Like 1

Glad it worked. :ilikeit:

Jcleroux - if you don`t mind me asking - how did you change the number to include 001127 after applying?

Thanks,

Hi as soon as you apply , you will get a welcoming letter telling you who your personal banker is . I then asked her to update my telephone number.

• Like 1

Hi as soon as you apply , you will get a welcoming letter telling you who your personal banker is . I then asked her to update my telephone number.

JCleRoux is NAB affiliated to Nedbank ? Do you use

Nedbank to transfer funds into your NAB account ?

JCleRoux is NAB affiliated to Nedbank ? Do you use

Nedbank to transfer funds into your NAB account ?

I'm using Nedbank to transfer my funds to NAB. The lady I have been dealing with is Sonja Wiid,(SonjaW@nedbank.co.za). Others here have been dealing with Cashkows who apparently have less charges, but i'm only transferring $4000 so its not much of an issue to me.

Ok, so instead of using Nedbank, I am going to use Cashcows for the simple reason that Nedbank wants me to provide them with all the documentation as hardcopies before they start the process. I just don't have time to do that. I dealt with Andrew Chouler at Cashcows and he just confirmed that my new local account is ready for me to transfer funds to, only one day after emailing all my completed docs. This is truly fantastic service.

Hi I used exchange for free , it takes about five days from the day you pay them to see the money in your account.

Make sure to pay money into an Isaver account then you will get interest. I know that this is taxed at a higher amount but I would prefer to earn some interest than nione. Once you have a tax number you need to inform bank so that the tax rate drops.