ASPC Processing times

Hi folks,

My PR application was lodged on 19 January 2007 and I received a confirmation letter from ASPC dated 27 February 2007. In this letter it states, inter alia, that the ASPC is busy assessing priority offshore applications lodged on or before 20 June 2006.

Since then I've sent my weekly e-mail to "aspc.processing@immi.gov.au" to get the latest assessing dates and these are some of the results:

7 March 2007 - still assessing applications lodged 20 June 2006

25 March - assessing applications lodged 27 June 2006

6 April - assessing applications lodged 10 July 2006

In short, from 27 February to 6 April (6 weeks) the ASPC have progressed in assessing applications lodged from 20 June 2006 to 10 July (3 weeks only).

Firstly, does the weekly automated e-mail contain accurate dates?

If these dates are indeed accurate it means that the ASPC is going backward as far as assessing applications are concerned!

How many months (years!) before they actually start processing applications lodged in 2007?

Many thanks & Ciao!

Willem

Durban

Hi Willem

Yes, the automated response is accurate - unfortunately for you!

You must remember that the "year end" for applications is end of June. There is thus an increase in number of applications that need to be processed around and just after that period. Whilst there are times when the progress seems to drag, there are also times when it moves very rapidly.

Another very important thing that needs getting used to is that Ozzies are big into family time etc. and there is no great hurry - everything will get done... In time! I know this doesn't make it any easier when you're sitting there waiting for your ticket out, but that's how it is.

When we were waiting for our visas to come through, our Case Officer went on leave for a month. That was it, we had to wait - no-one else jumps in and takes over - it'll all still be there when he/she gets back.

Hang in there, it'll eventually happen and trust me - it's worth the wait!

Take Care

Pam

Firstly, does the weekly automated e-mail contain accurate dates?

Willem

The dates are conservative. DIAC are chewing through some 2007 applications already for applicants from certain so-called low risk countries like the UK. However, not all so-called low risk countries are being processed so quickly.

Applicants from so-called high risk countries aren't so lucky and would usually have to wait, even those with MODL occupations.

Peter

Hi Willem

Hang in there. The time line is not 100% accurate. :lol: Our Application were lodged on 20 Sept 06 and on 22 March 07, 6 months later we received notice from the co to do medicals. Friends of our's also lodged in Sept and also got notice from the case officer. :blink:

I know it is terrible the wait ;) but keep yourself busy and before you know they will contact you. :huh:

Cheers vir eers

Sheila2Oz

The information in the update states "applications lodged on or before the following date have been allocated to case officers" so ALL applicants up to that date should be in the assessment stage. Some applicants will hear from their CO in advance of the indicated timeline, some not.

You'll see, over time, the stats fluctuate: In one week the dates can move two or three weeks. (Eventually you start to track these just to give yourself something to do during the long wait.)

Cheers

C'Lou

You are assuming the amount of applications coming in remain the same. If the rate increases however (in the same fashion as the members of this forum does) it is expected that the processing times will increase since more applications gets added to the queue. If the incoming rate exceeds the processing rate, the date they send back could even stand still.